Forums are back in action! ×

Crush the puny scout :P - Pushup PVP - starts 03 March '14

Sledgehammers are brutal. A brilliant full body workout. You start building arm strength from your grip up.

Heavy lifters like our warrior friends would benefit from a sledgehammer workout as a conditioning and cardio exercise. 

For scouts, druids and monks it will be a great way to increase strength. 

Adventurers and Rangers benefit from a great functional workout that increases strength and cardio.

Oh and it is not just about belting tractor tires. Barbarian Squats, one arm curls, grave diggers do not involve hitting at all, but they make you sweat, and your muscles groan.

Yes I love my hammer workouts. I am as bad as @Teros in the Adventurer's guild when it comes to sledgehammer workouts.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Maybe we should get @Endor a sword...I think he's got blade envy (or is it @Blaidd envy?)

Definitely both.  I am also pretty good with a sword - haven't used it in a while, but certainly not that interested in chasing a ping pong ball with a fly swatter. :P

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

That reminds me of shovelglove! I've been meaning to go out and get a sledge hammer for years and try that.

Have you got a good beginner's workout? Might have to take a trip to Bunnings (yay!)

You can use most of the shovelglove exercises, just don't bother with the padding. I reckon extra padding is a yank thing. look at their footy players. 

I have been thinking of organising some pics with descriptions or even short video clips showing my routine. Teros and I have been discussing our exercises all this challenge in pm's understanding what each does. That man is a wealth of information. Where are you based Dawsy?

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

You can use most of the shovelglove exercises, just don't bother with the padding. I reckon extra padding is a yank thing. look at their footy players.

I have been thinking of organising some pics with descriptions or even short video clips showing my routine. Teros and I have been discussing our exercises all this challenge in pm's understanding what each does. That man is a wealth of information. Where are you based Dawsy?

I'm in Sydney....someone's got to keep an eye on Endor after all ;) I'll have to track down Teros and find out more. We're going to be digging up the garden this year, so I'm sure I can find and excuse to buy a sledge hammer :)

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

When I first married my husband, I was told his favorite tool on the farm was a large hammer. ... the larger the better! I remember trying to chop wood. .. great work out, but folks Might see it as a weapon here in the rv park if I start beating things with a hammer!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

+25 and + 15 declines...another 60 points brings me to 130...goodnight all!

Your maths definitely needs work....that's 47.5 not 60. Have you been cheating on the numbers weakling??!!!

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

"Feet elevated pushups: 1.5 points"

I'll be more specific:

25 declines + 15 declines = 40. 40 * 1.5 = 60 :)

Probably hard to come to terms with a Scout doing so many declines, huh @Endor?

Aah I see, let you off then ;)

Wearing shoes doesn't count as elevated @BarefootDawsy :P

What happened to your friend with the motorized underpants?!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Not sure who that would be, but I, as a scout, did 40 more wall pushups. ...

And attempted a lower incLine for 10 more. That puts me at 160 this week.

Wait. ... 140+ 20 +10....170. Over kill!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

i did 80 inclines on Saturday and 50 inclines on Sunday bringing my total nicely to a square 150 this week :) Yeah i made it.

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Way to go Lady Pushup. With a broken foot you and a dodgy knee after a fall you are still killing it. Love you dear heart.

Ok update time 

Saturday

35 x Pushups 25pts

30 x Incline push ups 15pts

10 x Kneeling push ups 5pts

60 x Wall push ups 15pts

Total 60pts

Sunday 

20 x push ups 20pts

20 x incline push ups 10pts

40 x wall push ups 10pts

total 40pts

So that is 100pts to add to my total of 135pts. Oops. killed it again. I blame the Sodamus campaign. i did a heap of extra BW stuff for that. But hey I killed 55 goblins. So it is all good.

Monday [Today]

Aching knees today so I took it easy. 

10 x push ups 10pts

10 x incline push ups 5pts

So 15pts for week six of the challenge. 

Way to go Lady Pushup. With a broken foot you and a dodgy knee after a fall you are still killing it. Love you dear heart.

Ok update time 

Saturday

35 x Pushups 25pts

30 x Incline push ups 15pts

10 x Kneeling push ups 5pts

60 x Wall push ups 15pts

Total 60pts

Sunday 

20 x push ups 20pts

20 x incline push ups 10pts

40 x wall push ups 10pts

total 40pts

So that is 100pts to add to my total of 135pts. Oops. killed it again. I blame the Sodamus campaign. i did a heap of extra BW stuff for that. But hey I killed 55 goblins. So it is all good.

Monday [Today]

Aching knees today so I took it easy. 

10 x push ups 10pts

10 x incline push ups 5pts

So 15pts for week six of the challenge. 

Err that's 235 points! 

Someone fetch some water 'cos Thom is on fire!

smudge_fire_by_a3v-d58arf8.png

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Today I did a bit more, my left knee is still aching, I blame the full burpees, you know the ones with the pushups in them. They are wicked nasty. I need to do more. 

21 x pushups [3 sets] 21pts

20 x incline pushups 10pts

40 x wall pushups 10pts

Tuesday's total 41pts

Week six total 56pts. 

Wow, pushed myself tonight and managed 50 declines in 1 session (with pauses). This pushups PvP was a great idea :)

On another note, here's a picture of a scout riding all over Endor's face...

Great work on the declines mate, definitely sounds like you are stronger after 5 weeks of pushups  :positive:

Did you just say you wanted to ride all over my face?! That's a bit brokeback mate, we're both married remember!!!

Same shot from a different angle, I think we know what's going on here....

endor_forest17.jpg

Feb-March 2022 Challenge