Forums are back in action! ×

Crush the puny scout :P - Pushup PVP - starts 03 March '14

Trash talk? That is two Aussies being nice to each other.

They are minding their p's & q's though, if they spoke like many Australian friends do to each other then both Endor and Dawsy would get booted from the NF forums. 

Mind you they are both a pair of wimps when a noob ranger like me can get the sort of points that they seem to be struggling to get.

I won't even try to compare them to LadyWildRoss, no-one here is in her league. Knocking out push ups with two busted legs like the legend that she is.

Now onto my efforts today.

21 push ups 21pts

30 incline push ups 15pts

60 wall push ups 15pts

Total 51pts.

Week six total so far 107pts.

I am beginning to think that I shouldn't bother with the wall push ups anymore. Thanks to this challenge I now do one set of push ups every morning. I love this new edition to my morning routine. I do the rest at different times of the day.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Oh @Blaidd I think you're the only one to miss any points so far....turns out you really are a puny scout :lol::tongue: .......get your money ready!!

hahahah, am i going to have to donate to everyone's charity cos everyone else is level at this point? I really got the raw end of this deal considering i've got the weakest currency - hahaha :P

And last i checked i wasn't puny, I managed a 270 the one week - i don't see you having posted past 150 one week :D:P

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Today I have done:

21 push ups 21pts

30 incline push ups 15pts

Total 36pts

Week six total 146pts.

Sorry to hear you need to bail out ChristArtist. You continue to be an inspiration.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Mind you they are both a pair of wimps when a noob ranger like me can get the sort of points that they seem to be struggling to get.

100 singles in one session today. Eat my shorts. :tongue:

I had great plans for this week, but alas, circumstances have taken the wheel out of my hand.

I've enjoyed this challenge with you all...thanks for making me feel welcome.

Bummer, been good to have you along, you've made a lot of progress  ;) Hope you pull up ok 

hahahah, am i going to have to donate to everyone's charity cos everyone else is level at this point? I really got the raw end of this deal considering i've got the weakest currency - hahaha :tongue:

And last i checked i wasn't puny, I managed a 270 the one week - i don't see you having posted past 150 one week :D:tongue:

Well I think it's looking like Thom's done the most so I expect it will go to his charity...still time for a big push though...! You'll only be in for US $10 total so don't stress too much! Maybe we'll get Thom to nominate 2 and we'll vote or something ;)

Just for you I'll do 151 this week ;):tongue:

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I had great plans for this week, but alas, circumstances have taken the wheel out of my hand.

I've enjoyed this challenge with you all...thanks for making me feel welcome.

Aww, and you were going so well! If you change your mind, we'll be here!

On a more personal note, I just did 50 consecutive decline pushups. I feel like a T-rex....stupid vestigial arms! 150 points for me!

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

@Dawsy are you admitting to a big head?

(aka LadyWildRoss)

hey guys...I did 10 wall pushups today...but I'm not going to get the stuff going well enough to push out 150 points...I don't think I can push out 300 wall pushups between today and tomorrow!

but,if you do this again, please invite me!

This is one of my successful parts of this challenge - and of this year so far!

I hear about my eye today, and my neck next week and my foot on the 11th - so, hopefully I will be walking again VERY soon...as well as continuing the pushups!

Great PvP!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

14 pushups yesterday.

Brings my total to 160pts for week 6.

Thanks for the pvp guys.

• Like 1

Well I'm doing a 1000 squat challenge next challenge if anyone's interested.

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Endor was talking about a pull up challenge. Using the strongarm pull up workout.

Well I'm doing a 1000 squat challenge next challenge if anyone's interested.

That's going to do you so much good, will be tough I reckon! You might have to warrior up Puny Scout :P

I'm tired of languishing in the pullup department so I'll be training the Armstrong program next challenge: http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/

There is a pre-armstrong program as well if you can't do pullups yet: http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/the-pre-armstrong-workout-for-pull-up-beginners/

The pre is mostly pushups and looks pretty good. 

Thom's mate has had some pretty amazing results following Armstrong so I'm keen to give it a go and running it as a PvP definitely seems to be a good thing. What I'm thinking this time is a 150 points a week again but we can earn points from our own choice of exercise, so squats, pushups, pullups, lunges, you name it. But they have to be accessory to your main workouts. 

Anyway we'll have a rest week and get into it again at the start of the next challenge. 

Now then, this PvP needs a last place and a first place.....let me go investigate.....

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Righto, I've read back through the thread, here's the highlights! 

Excused due to circumstances beyond their control:

@joedog

@christartist

Yet to report in for the final 2 weeks:

@choronodon

Hit all the points all the weeks:

@endor

@barefootdawsy

@Lycan Thom

Missed the points 1 week:

@blaidd

Honorable mention for highest 1 week number:

@blaidd

Honorable mention for smashing a long term goal and PR'ing like an awesome Ranger:

@Lycan Thom

Honorable mention for soldiering on while injured and showing much braveness:

@christartist

The PvP winner I have selected is:

@Lycan Thom

The last place is:

@blaidd  (however this is pending an update from choronodon, if he's missed either of the last 2 weeks it will be a tie)

Lycan Thom, please nominate a charity of your choice for blaidd to donate equivalent of US $10 to. Make it something that can be done online pls. If you're not too inspired for anyone in particular I know Blaidd has a couple of charities that she has donated to before in her neck of the woods. 

Congratulations to everyone, we all did amazingly well and I know everyone has finished this PvP much stronger than we started. Thank you all for your support and for putting up with my tirade of competitive abuse and general fun poking at the Puny scouts :D It turns out you're not so puny after all ;)

I will link here for another PvP next challenge.  Great work everybody!  :positive:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Hang on Endor, I missed the first 3 weeks. I joined at week four remember.

I do have a favourite charity, but I am not sure about online donations. We are doing a fundraiser for them today, so I can ask.