Forums are back in action! ×

It's small to many, but it's big to me

Yesterday I ran for 20 minutes without stopping.

I know, It's not exactally Flash level awesomness here, but I don't think I've ever done that...in my life...and I'm old!

My adorable neighbor (who runs marathons for shiggles) was in the gym and gave me the biggest smile ever.  It's strange, I always used to be scared of the super-fit people in the gym, afraid that they would only make fun of me, but I have gotten nothing from encouragement and well wishes to them.

Here's to tonight's weight lifting sets, and here's to hoping that I'm half as awesome at Level 50 as my friends!

• Like 10

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

That's awesome!  It's really nice to have people who are rooting for you and supportive.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Excellent!

I try not to think of anything working out as someone else vs me, I try to put in in terms of me yesterday vs me today. There's always going to be someone stronger, faster, etc., but I cannot change anyone else. The only person I can change is me, and I think as long as I keep improving, I'm achieving.

So don't you dare sell yourself short, because you're kicking the ass of yesterday you.

• Like 2

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

That's great, and is not an easy task at all! I too found it a struggle to run even for a minute due to my asthma, but I can now run for like 15 mins non stop (indoors mind you, outside the cold air is still harsh on my lungs) and it's really doing wonders for my health, asthma and general breathing.

Keep rocking!  :peaceful:

• Like 2

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Ha! You are the Jane Goodall of our times!

Teach those kids the metric system.  That way when they become scientists they aren't stuck trying to figure out what the heck is going on with their equations.

I tend to track in miles too, as my own profession drives me more towards the micro- and nano- specturm.

• Like 1

Woohoo, congratulations!! :D

I feel that If I tried to run 20 minutes right now without stopping I might keel over and die, and I'm still fairly young.

• Like 1

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Uggggg!

Tomorrow I have to do a 25-minute run!

I felt like I died on yesterday's 10&10!

Methinks I'm going to croak!

Naaaaah. I had a friend, a noob runner, who told me this: "I had to run for a whole minute, I thought I was going to die", then she said the same thing about 2, 3 and 5 minutes. She eventually quit when she got up to 20 minutes and hadn't died. :D

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Naaaaah. I had a friend, a noob runner, who told me this: "I had to run for a whole minute, I thought I was going to die", then she said the same thing about 2, 3 and 5 minutes. She eventually quit when she got up to 20 minutes and hadn't died. :D

That is oddly heartening.  Maybe 20-minutes is a turning point and it gets easier from here on in.

I admit, it feels good after I run, it's during that kills me.  I think I have to stop having dinner first!

I also hurt my shin running yesterday, so that may have played a part in it sucking so badly.  Feels better today, and I don't run again till tomorrow (today is weight day) so I shall soldier on!

Thanks for the vote of confidence folks!