Forums are back in action! ×

Made it through a night shift!

I recently started trying to eat right and get fit and what has always gotten in my way before was night shifts.  I work 12 hr shifts at a power plant usually 3 to 4 days in a row.  And I always do well until night shifts.  Then I get too tired to workout when I get home or a fail to prep my meals properly and resort to fast food and it all spirals out of control from there.

But I finally made it through 4 nights of night shift without breaking my diet or exercise routine!

The next step making it through my short change weekend, going from 4 12 hr days into 4 12 hr nights with only 24 hours in between.  Wish me luck.

• Like 1

Congrats! Night shifts are tough!

I also always eat a lot during it. But I've come now to eating a lot, but at least healthy. Boiled eggs and the 1-minute-flaxseed muffin are usually my saviours. 

Good luck on the next one!

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

I work overnight 5 nights a week.  I find what works for me is that I usually go to bed as soon as I get home, then I feel like I have a whole day ahead of me when I wake up before I have to go to work.  I get in my workouts as soon as I wake up.  I'm not sure if that would work for you, but figured I'd shoot some advice your way. 

It's a tough shift, and HUGE ups to you for gettin' it done!

That sounds like it'd be really tough, eating well and exercising with that kind of schedule. Kudos to you! :D

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)