Forums are back in action! ×

Green Lantern Corps vs Jedi

Two universal guardians find each other at war, each side has its strengths and weaknesses. Who would win?

I personally feel that the GLC would dominate the battle especially if they had parallax Hal Jordan... Or just pissed off Hal. And having ion wouldn't hurt either. Also if the guardians got involved it would be no contest.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

I don't even think this would even be a challenge for GLC. The Jedi would have to use the force to remove their rings before they could respond, otherwise its over for the Jedi. Also Red Lanterns vs Sith would be fun because they would literately just tear the Sith into pieces. Its one thing to embrace your rage, its another to BE rage.

Feels nice to get my nerd on.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I don't even think this would even be a challenge for GLC. The Jedi would have to use the force to remove their rings before they could respond, otherwise its over for the Jedi. Also Red Lanterns vs Sith would be fun because they would literately just tear the Sith into pieces. Its one thing to embrace your rage, its another to BE rage.

Feels nice to get my nerd on.

Either battle would be aswesome to see.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

Disney owns Marvel not DC

Disney

They own both sides of the Battle

You are thinking of Marvel which is owned by Disney. Green lantern is DC a company owned by Warner Bros. Entertainment, which itself is owned by Time Warner.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I'm gonna be the naysayer here and say the Force-users would win, barely.  Definitely not the Jedi though.  They'd get their asses stomped into the stone age.  The Sith, on the other hand, would at least make a fight out of it.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Need to do more research into GLC, but I say Jedi. The Force is always at their disposal. Rings need to be recharged, right? Jedi could win from sheer persistence. Not to mention the endless capability that can be drawn from the force, from physical force like push and storm, to attribute altering and boosting, and the ability to wreak havoc on your senses. Granted I'm drawing from a limited pool of GLC knowledge, so short of what I've seen John Stewart do in Justice League I'm at a loss for any other potential.

I'm gonna be the naysayer here and say the Force-users would win, barely.  Definitely not the Jedi though.  They'd get their asses stomped into the stone age.  The Sith, on the other hand, would at least make a fight out of it.

we aren't talking about sith just Jedi. The sith would probably help the lanterns until the Jedi were dead.

Need to do more research into GLC, but I say Jedi. The Force is always at their disposal. Rings need to be recharged, right? Jedi could win from sheer persistence. Not to mention the endless capability that can be drawn from the force, from physical force like push and storm, to attribute altering and boosting, and the ability to wreak havoc on your senses. Granted I'm drawing from a limited pool of GLC knowledge, so short of what I've seen John Stewart do in Justice League I'm at a loss for any other potential.

These are my basic thoughts as well.  But it's also why I think the Sith would win where the Jedi wouldn't.  The Sith are willing to do things that Jedi simply aren't.  Sith like Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus literally used the Force to sustain themselves and drain their enemies.  The Jedi aren't willing to do these things, so they'd be more likely to get stomped by the GLC.  

Plus, the Jedis first move would be to send some negotiators to try and talk em down, even if they'd already attacked. 

we aren't talking about sith just Jedi. The sith would probably help the lanterns until the Jedi were dead.

True enough.  In either case, I think the Jedi would lose, and the Sith would win.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

ohhhh I get to get my Nerd on, YAY!

OK,

before we can decide who would win, i need to know which Jedi. Strictly movie Jedi? No contest, GL hands down, the movie Jedi simply wouldn't have the power to stand up to a fully skilled GL. GL's aren't weak minded, so telepathic stuff would probably not work, GL's can move just as fast as jedi and the only limit to constructs is the GL's imagination.

That being said,

if we go into the EU's Jedi, Luke skywalker could take on a GL and maybe Win. Luke turns almost god like towards the end of his career, controlling not just Jedi powers but sith powers. His telepathic powers are immense and a weaker GL or not very experienced GL will have a hard time with him, hell, a more experienced GL would have issues to and could be taken on, if caught off guard.

• Like 1

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

These are my basic thoughts as well.  But it's also why I think the Sith would win where the Jedi wouldn't.  The Sith are willing to do things that Jedi simply aren't.  Sith like Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus literally used the Force to sustain themselves and drain their enemies.  The Jedi aren't willing to do these things, so they'd be more likely to get stomped by the GLC.  

Plus, the Jedis first move would be to send some negotiators to try and talk em down, even if they'd already attacked. 

True enough.  In either case, I think the Jedi would lose, and the Sith would win.  

I was thinking about Sion specifically after I posted. I also didn't segregate between the Jedi Order and Sith because he left it at Jedi. Keep in mind that when you say "Sith" there's actually three different classes to consider: The Sith species, the Sith Order or "the dark side," and Sith Lords, which are specifically dark Jedi. The Sith species, although inherently adept in the force, is extinct. The Sith Order is anything from a capable army to an entire army, but is for one thing self-defeating in principle and for another isn't completely comprised of force users, which leads me to the third definition, Sith Lords. The most powerful Sith, bar none, but there's only ever a handful. Especially as of Darth Bane who initiated the Rule of two, so at any one time there are only ever two Sith Lords. This of course was broken often, but all the same there were only ever a handful of powerful sith Jedi at one time. All that said, I don't think the Sith would win at all against the GLC, especially considering they're fighting themselves while fighting the enemy. A death match between a sith lord and a lantern? Sith hands down. All out war? I don't think so.

Now, going back to where I said I didn't segregate Jedi. I took the simple definition of "Wielders of the force" not necessarily followers of the Jedi code. This allows for the inclusion of characters such as Revan (who began as Jedi, became Sith, and then depending on how you played out KoTOR remained sith, became Jedi again, or was just apathetic but regardless went off to fight Darth Scourge), Meetra Surik (the Jedi Exile), Jolee Bindo, Luke Skywalker, Vader, even Mace Windu (who used both light and dark force powers). To me, these are all Jedi, and all more than enough trouble for the GLC.

ohhhh I get to get my Nerd on, YAY!

OK,

before we can decide who would win, i need to know which Jedi. Strictly movie Jedi? No contest, GL hands down, the movie Jedi simply wouldn't have the power to stand up to a fully skilled GL. GL's aren't weak minded, so telepathic stuff would probably not work, GL's can move just as fast as jedi and the only limit to constructs is the GL's imagination.

That being said,

if we go into the EU's Jedi, Luke skywalker could take on a GL and maybe Win. Luke turns almost god like towards the end of his career, controlling not just Jedi powers but sith powers. His telepathic powers are immense and a weaker GL or not very experienced GL will have a hard time with him, hell, a more experienced GL would have issues to and could be taken on, if caught off guard.

I was also curious about the definitions regarding the Star Wars universe. Since it wasn't defined, I just went EU, if you couldn't tell. :tongue:

I disagree regarding the mind powers, though. Some lanterns may have a little resistance, but I doubt they could fully resist an adept jedi's powers of mind manipulation. Consider force Fear (Horror, Insanity) or Force Illusion. Force illusion could be especially devastating, tricking lanterns into thinking they're fighting a legion of Jedi, or by allowing the Jedi to become invisible.

One interesting point that hasn't been mentioned, though - Ring vs Lightsaber, could the Lightsaber penetrate the ring or vice versa?

• Like 1