Forums are back in action! ×

This is not a fancy title

Hi all!

I am terribad at introductions so here goes: hi! I'm Zardoz. I'm 26. I work night shift in the ER, which I honestly love. I've never seriously done anything related to dieting or exercise regimens ever in my life-- as a kid, the parental units were sure to keep me involved in sports. In high school, I was consumed by marching band (which is a heck of a workout, despite what one may think). I did hang around Curves for a short bit during my college fiasco years, as my mother was SUPER into it and liked to take me along, but alas I do not have one near me any longer.

Since then, I've been consumed by the lazy and I'm sick of it. I'm female, 5'6", and usually hovering around 235 lbs. So I say forget that! I am now whatever passes for a mature adult and homeowner, so I am going to regain control and get back in a more reasonable shape. I don't have a specific goal in mind... Well, in terms of endgame. Healthy and fit as can be is an ideal, but I don't want to get too ambitious and get in over my head, as I am prone to doing. So! Phase one: get myself under the 200 mark!

I've been slowly improving things on my own. I've been paying better attention to my diet. I cut out soda completely in October and am surprised at how I absolutely don't miss it. I've also been cooking better and eating out far less than I used to. My biggest issue is exercise (well, my lack thereof), so I'm turning here for ideas and motivation to get away from the computer and PlayStation and get active! If I had access to a gym I'd be all over it. Alas, my current finances and savings do not allow for it. My lovely boyfriend and I are saving up for a trip to Japan in the next year or two. Definitely gotta save up for that.

A place like this is super appealing to me. I'm a massive nerd- I love video games, comics, and so on and so forth. My greatest love are terrible sci-fi and kung-fu movies. I could kick back with my buddies and do tabletop RPGs every night if I could get away with it. I adore cooking... so long as there's at least one other person to eat with. Cooking for myself is boring. I love ice skating and hockey (doing the former, watching the latter). And, uh, yeah. I think that's it.

• Like 2

Questing!

Current / 1

Welcome, Zardoz!  It's awesome to have you on board with us!  

NerdFitness has a ton of bodyweight (read: no gym) exercises and routines that are a ton of fun!  I'm a fan of the Beginner Body Weight Workout myself, but if you are ever short on time or just want to mix it up, you can try out the Angry Bird workout or the Playground workout.  

You should also keep an eye out for local sports teams!  I'm sure you could find an informal soccer team (or hockey team, etc etc) that meets nearby.  It won't require much money on your part, especially if other folks already have the equipment necessary, and it would be a great way to either get in shape again or show off your newfound fitness.

Congratulations on the progress you've already made!  Cutting out soda and cooking more are fantastic achievements.  Feel free to join us in our challenges and level up--the next one starts on April 14th!

Respawned Level 1 Rebel 

STR: 1  STA: 3  DEX: 2  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

Challenges: current!