Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

Hahahahaha!!!!! NOW who's derailing threads???? :D

Back to topic:

Walking home from my parents house tonight and watching the bats swooping and diving as they chased moths in the glow of the street lights, and then watching a headgehog scurrying across the road, in front of the only car to be seen for about 5 minutes, and escaping death.  Run wee guy, run!

It's a really beautiful night here tonight, mild and bright. A friend texted me earlier today to ask if I wanted to go bivvy out and have a couple of beers, but he cancelled when it started raining earlier.  Then the skies cleared and it turned out beautiful, I wish we'd gone. Bugger!  :(

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

The button scene at the end of X-Man: Days of Future Past.  =D

I haven't made a goal, I have made a lifestyle change.

I am not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

It was hard to make changes at first, I will never go back.

The only person that was standing in my way was me.

Now that I have gotten out of my way, nothing can stop me!

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

Challenges -(1),(2),(3), Current

The ice cream man came through the neighborhood today. Nothing kicks off summer like buying frozen treats from a creepy stranger who cruises the neighborhood in a van blaring chime music that pauses every 60 seconds or so to let an electronic voice call out "Hello!"

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

The ice cream man came through the neighborhood today. Nothing kicks off summer like buying frozen treats from a creepy stranger who cruises the neighborhood in a van blaring chime music that pauses every 60 seconds or so to let an electronic voice call out "Hello!"

That attracts zombies.

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I guess everything depends on one's perspective.

Yeah, it sure does. Barfly, I always find it strange when you refer to yourself as old or (even worse) mention retiring. That just seems too weird. In my head you're far too young to be talking about that, lol! ;)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

What made me smile today: I decided to practice a pistol squat holding onto a door frame, just to see how hard it would be. After I tried it my 16 month old daughter ran to the door frame and tried to do her own pistol. It makes me super happy to be modeling good habits for her and know that she will grow up with an appreciation for strength training no one showed me until I found Nerd Fitness. 

• Like 3

- Kicking ass is comfort food.- 

Left The Shire: 2/7/14 Reached Rivendell: 6/2/14

Battle Log 

Challenges: 1

Yeah, it sure does. Barfly, I always find it strange when you refer to yourself as old or (even worse) mention retiring. That just seems too weird. In my head you're far too young to be talking about that, lol! ;)

Oh, but I am retiring! In 375 more work days! Then I'll have more time to play with you guys :D

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Today's submission is this... now the video may not seem like something that would make a normal person smile, and you're right, there's language and blood... but when you open the video, click the "Show more" and look at the category that it was submitted under...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlQFvAi8zdo

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I went around and got myself caught up with all the threads for my team, the DAI-GURREN BRIGADE. It made me feel happy seeing all of my friends doing their best to get stronger in one way or another. And although not everyone was as successful as they'd liked to have been during this challenge, they all tried, and that's what counts! That brought a a smile to my face :)

I'm proud of all of them :D

Oh, and I helped my mom with some yard work, so that made me feel good too :D

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

3 smiles so far today, and it's only lunch time! :D

1.  I saw someone driving a Unimog! (Sorry, I know... I'm sad, but that really made me smile)

2.  I had to nip to the shops to grab some tomatoes for my lunch and bumped into one of my mum's neighbours. He's an old chap, in his 80s, and I know he's very fond of me (and I'll freely admit to being very sweet on him too). I haven't seen him for a few months and I got a HUGE smile and "Oh my darling! How good to see you!" from him. It just made my day! I've been meaning to pop round and visit him for ages (bad Leanne!) so I told him I'd be round tonight when I finish work. I'm really looking forward to that. :)

3.  One of the coach drivers today said to me "You're either going to have to put some weight back on or buy smaller jeans girl. Those ones are really baggy at the back."  AND best of all... I was wearing a pair of leggings underneath my jeans! (It was really cold this morning, and it's Baltic in the office at work!)

Roll on the rest of the day!!! :D

• Like 4