Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

I had to smile at the older guy that was getting out of his car as I drove by… White hair, white beard with a tank top and cargo shorts, hat, sunglass, a great tan and totally ripped arms to the point I could see his veins along his biceps. I think he saw me checking him out and gave a smile and a nod.  He was very impressive at any age!  I love summer :)

• Like 4

brushing my hair this evening when I was getting ready for work after my shower... and the sexay definition on my arms that made me want to stand there and flex for five minutes :P

• Like 4

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Got the pictures back from the midgets 2nd birthday and this made me smile:

IMG_21813629786646_zps419d13b4.jpeg

and no she did not pose for that, our friend that took our pictures is just that good!

(wow, that picture will not shrink, sorry)

• Like 4

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Ten a.m.and 315 steps shy of twelve thousand... I'm smiling as I wait for the shower to be hot ;)

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

The last tenant in this place was a gardener too. She must have planted sunflowers near the back shed, because a dozen or so popped up a bit ago and have been climbing climbing climbing higher since. I didn't start watering them until a week ago, when I realized they would probably appreciate it. Anyway, this morning I got up, and they had bust open! Yeee!

Spontaneous smile moment.

gallery_28300_1084_21400.jpg

• Like 2

my patient just rang his call bell... when we went in to check on him and ask how we could help... he said "wrong number"

• Like 7

Spoiler

At the gym this morning, my son got into a conversation with one of the more senior TRX guys (you know the type... looks to be 60, but he's in better shape than I will EVER BE IN...) Told him it was impressive and inspiring to see my son there at 6am, three days a week, running and biking and using the weight machines.  He said he's a teacher at one of the local high schools, and asked which high school he went to.  My son replied he was in elementary school still, and the guy's eyes got really big.  My son is kind of huge. 

The important part is it really helped inspire my son, since a lot of people have complimented him at the gym. He really appreciates the positive feedback from complete strangers. 

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I was in a pretty shitty mood this morning, but as my little sister was heading to school, I decided to be nice. I told her to have a great day, and tell her friends I said hi. She left with a smile, and that picked my mood up. I've been in a good mood since :)

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

coffee and kisses... that's how we start our day :)

10169365_10202570695243503_1773885630896

• Like 3

Spoiler

When we were eating lunch I told my husband that I was cold in the restaurant and would prefer to go eat outside in the sun. I am usually always hot and avoid being in the sun because it makes me even warmer. Or at least I used to always be hot and avoid the sun. Now that I've lost weight I can actually enjoy sunny days and warmer temperatures.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

For the first time since Mike deployed I got to spend a whole day at the house, alone. AM is at daycare and I am off work for the summer. The house is clean, laundry is done, and I am about to do my workout before 9 o'clock at night! Amazing how a little down time can completely recharge this worn out mommy. :D 

• Like 2

- Kicking ass is comfort food.- 

Left The Shire: 2/7/14 Reached Rivendell: 6/2/14

Battle Log 

Challenges: 1

When we were eating lunch I told my husband that I was cold in the restaurant and would prefer to go eat outside in the sun. I am usually always hot and avoid being in the sun because it makes me even warmer. Or at least I used to always be hot and avoid the sun. Now that I've lost weight I can actually enjoy sunny days and warmer temperatures.

I am very much hoping for this as well, I remember that it used to be that way when I was thin, and living here in SW FL I need to be heat tolerant.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

This is from last night. My husband, daughter, and I were taking a walk when one of her friends ran out and yelled "Hey [silo's daughter] look what I can do!" Then she jumped up, grabbed a tree branch, and did a pull-up. Very fun to watch!

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Seeing this reminded me, https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/force-of-habit--singing-nun-wins--the-voice-italy-172050658.html

When people not just break a stereotype, but utterly destroy it... makes me smile...

This was her audition video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Ej1wDrDrI

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)