Forums are back in action! ×

He noticed!

The "he" is my fiance.  I had kept my goals to get in shape to myself for weeks until I got tired of him trying to motivate me by telling me he's doing CrossFit and I'm doing nothing.  So, even though it's been a work in progress since a little before the new year, he's known I've been making an effort to eat healthier and work out with an initial goal of just weight loss.  He's been extremely supportive and complimented me, but it was always more about what I said I was doing or how much I said I'd lost.  It always means a lot to hear he's proud of me, but I've been hoping for a more spontaneous comment.

Fast forward to this past weekend (with me almost 20lbs lighter) and an unintentional midriff flash on my part.  He actually stopped me, lifted my shirt so he could see my stomach, and pointed out how much smaller it looks.  It wasn't a long moment or extraordinary praise, but he's the first person to see a difference and/or say something.  I don't even think I would notice the difference if there wasn't suddenly a lot of extra space in the waistband of half my pants.

The best part is that we're inspiring each other.  Seeing how his workouts are improving his fitness, joints, and confidence is inspiring me to stick with exercise better.  And my mostly diet-based progress is inspiring him to do more research and make some changes.  He's even talking about paleo (which I have no immediate plans of doing myself).

Small woot on the surface, but a big WOOT! overall.

• Like 6

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)

That's wonderful! It's so beautiful that you're both taking on your health goals hand in hand. And (I have no idea how long ago it was, but) congrats on your engagement as well!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Woot woot! That's great. Sometimes the people close to us don't see the difference, just because the see us every day. It's too gradual for them to notice. So you must be looking great if it stopped him in his tracks. Rock on!

And 20lbs lost...? AWESOMSAUSE!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously