Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

For the 7am hour, 34 elevated pushups to warm up the day. 

8am hour, 20 elevated pushups. That's a heck of a dropoff! *gasp, pant, wheeze*

9am hour, 21 elevated.  It's too early for my shoulders to burn like this!  Tonights gym visit will be fun, I'm sure.

10am hour, 18 elevated.  Side note, I'm starving.

11am hour, 21 elevated.  30 minutes until lunch.  My body is screaming.  Chest, core, back, shoulders, everything.

12pm hour, 17 elevated.  Just finished lunch, starting to feel fatigue.  Why hello stomach, you hurt.

1pm hour, 14 elevated.  Fatigue in the muscles setting in.

2pm hour, 15 elevated.  I'm smoked.  Thank god for 8 hour work days.  38 minutes until I leave, one more set to do...until I go to the gym tonight.

3pm hour, 20 angry elevated.  I'm hungry again.  Also slightly light headed.

Running total: 180 elevated.

Since competition is fiercer than I thought it would be, I'll be leaving my desk at work once during every hour to get some pushups in and will edit this thread each time instead of spamming with hourly updates. :)

• Like 4

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

For the 7am hour, 34 elevated pushups to warm up the day. 

8am hour, 20 elevated pushups. That's a heck of a dropoff! *gasp, pant, wheeze*

9am hour, 21 elevated.  It's too early for my shoulders to burn like this!  Tonights gym visit will be fun, I'm sure.

10am hour, 18 elevated.  Side note, I'm starving.

11am hour, 21 elevated.  30 minutes until lunch.  My body is screaming.  Chest, core, back, shoulders, everything.

12pm hour, 17 elevated.  Just finished lunch, starting to feel fatigue.  Why hello stomach, you hurt.

1pm hour, 14 elevated.  Fatigue in the muscles setting in.

2pm hour, 15 elevated.  I'm smoked.  Thank god for 8 hour work days.  38 minutes until I leave, one more set to do...until I go to the gym tonight.

3pm hour, 20 angry elevated.  I'm hungry again.  Also slightly light headed.

Running total: 180 elevated.

Since competition is fiercer than I thought it would be, I'll be leaving my desk at work once during every hour to get some pushups in and will edit this thread each time instead of spamming with hourly updates. :)

Updated. Thanks

I couldn't update the spread sheet. My AMRAP was 15.

Thanks!

Added :) Thanks!

I like Raev's plan of attack on the board...as in, update as we go along...

11AM - 30 cpu for 10 points

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Updated

45 standard pushups = 10 points for the Slytherin Keeper!

On the sheet :)

Thanks all. I've updated the sheets with the latest totals, including my own 100 counter pushups. I've got formulas in there to work out your points totals based using the new system too. 

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

For those of you that haven't submitted an AMRAP score, I've given you a default value of 20. Once I know your true AMRAP, I'll update the sheet.

Still waiting for:

@Mad Hatter 

@the25r

@Endor

I've searched the thread but haven't seen your scores guys, so I apologise in advance if I've just missed them. 

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

This is the circuit I'll be using as keeper this week:

5 hindu

1 one arm per side

10 clapping

15 decline

20 diamond

20 regular

I rest or break up sets as needed and each time I complete one round I get a nifty 111 points netting me exactly 2 score sets (or 20 points)

Sunday is my next day off so no 'go crazy all day' push-up days but I should still be able to defend my post.

*edit* I just realized that this circuit is really hard to get through! :P

• Like 2

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

9 x 10 knee pushups during the day which would have been 45 points .... 45/15 AMRAMP = 3 sets x 10 points per set = 30 points.  Right??

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I don't think I still understand the scoring system. How come it says my adjusted point is 10? Maybe I should have put down my total points as 100 instead of my points after I divided by my AMRAP because the points adjust automatically?

Here is what I have 

14 Hindu pushups

55 regular pushups

5 decline =

100 points divided by AMRAP of 30 for 30 points

So maybe what I should have said was I have 100 points? Or is the adjusted something else?

Sorry to be slow, just trying to figure it out

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I don't think I still understand the scoring system. How come it says my adjusted point is 10? Maybe I should have put down my total points as 100 instead of my points after I divided by my AMRAP because the points adjust automatically?

Here is what I have 

14 Hindu pushups

55 regular pushups

5 decline =

100 points divided by AMRAP of 30 for 30 points

So maybe what I should have said was I have 100 points? Or is the adjusted something else?

Sorry to be slow, just trying to figure it out

Sorry, didn't know you'd adjusted your score already.Fixed now.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Sorry, didn't know you'd adjusted your score already.Fixed now.

Ok thanks. When we report our scores do you want us to do it already adjusted or just our total points?

my circuit x 5 = 555 push-up points

Mon - Griffindor keeper

100 points

3565182_std.jpg

I think you should have an automatic deduction of 50 points daily, since trees obviously have an unfair advantage ;) 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27