Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

Barefoot: can you link the spreadsheet to the first post of this thread.....it's a bitch to search through to find the link.  Thanks.

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Gryffindor Chaser - early offering

40 wall pushups - I have no idea how they count towards my AMRAP - but at 1/4 point - 10 points 

30 counter pushups - darn these are harder than the ones at the hotel...= 10 points

BTW - my AMRAP was 28 counter pushups...just saying...but, I guess 30 is easier to work with! ;-)

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I am so confused - could someone just tell me how many points I need to aquire in a week to get to 100 points for my team?

in my calculations before - 40 wall = 10 points, and 30 counter = 10 points...but now, with the calculations, I'm not sure that I'm going to make any difference for my team at all!

Help, please????

Especially now that we are down a player (so sorry @Mad Hatter - but take good care of your wrist!)

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

At the moment, you work out your scores as normal (your 20 points) and then Dawsy adjusts them to your handicap in the google table :)

But if you want to work it out then (someone correct me if I am wrong):

1. Convert your AMRAP to points to create your handicap : 28*0.33 = 9.33

2. Divide your the points you have earned by the handicap:  20/9.33 = 2.14

3. Times by 10 because each time you do your handicap's worth (i.e. 9 push-ups), it is worth 10 adjusted points

->21.4 adjusted points earned today!

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

I am so confused - could someone just tell me how many points I need to aquire in a week to get to 100 points for my team?

in my calculations before - 40 wall = 10 points, and 30 counter = 10 points...but now, with the calculations, I'm not sure that I'm going to make any difference for my team at all!

Help, please????

Especially now that we are down a player (so sorry @Mad Hatter - but take good care of your wrist!)

with the handicap you will be able to contribute more for your team. 

if you are curious here is the formula...

take your push-up points,

divide it by your AMRAP score,

multiply by ten

example:

person A has an AMRAP of 10

person B has an AMRAP of 30

they both do 10 regular push-ups (10 points)

and 40 knee push-ups (0.5 x 40 = 20 points)

for a total of 30 points unadjusted

person A's handicapped score will be 30 (total points divided by AMRAP times 10)

while person B's handicapped score will be 10 (they are stronger, so they have to work harder to score points)

P.S. short answer : you need to get 300 points for the week to score a handicapped 100 for your team

• Like 1

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Gryffindor Chaser - 12 x 10 kneeling pushups.  60 points before the handicap calculation.

(60/15 = 4 x 10 = 40 normalized points, right?)

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Just noticed that Gryffindor's ahead! Did 2 x 20 declines to help us catch up...

Where's @Endor and @ohlemontine when you need them?

In a world of forearm hurt :(

@BarefootDawsy So many rule changes I haven't kept up. Can you clarify if cap is still in place for beater? I can probably catch up 100 by end of tomorrow but that will be about it. 

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

In a world of forearm hurt :(

@BarefootDawsy So many rule changes I haven't kept up. Can you clarify if cap is still in place for beater? I can probably catch up 100 by end of tomorrow but that will be about it. 

Poor bugger! There are no more caps. To calculate your score, just work out your pushup points using the regular system (kneeling=.5, standard=1, etc), and post them here. I'll put it in the spreadsheet, where your points will be divided by your AMRAP score and multiplied by 10 to give you your adjusted points. 

You haven't got an AMRAP score yet, so you can either do a 60s AMRAP or use the default score of 20. Using the latter, you'll need to do 200 pushups to get 100 points (200/20*10).

Confused yet? 

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Slytherin Chaser

Tuesday:

20 Hindu Pushups

15 Decline

20 Regular

=92.5 points

Wednesday

12 hindu

60 pushups

20 decline

= 120 points

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Finally time to post again. So I'm inHufflepuff now. The team with the cyborg. Sounds good to me. =) Was a very busy week so my numbers aren't as high as I wanted them to be. Eastern and uni killed my workout plan.

21.04. - 25 standard

22.04. - 90 standard

23.04. - 55 standard

• Like 2

SNITCH!!!

l_snitch01_prph_hpe3.png

The Snitch has been spotted during the RAVENCLAW VS GRYFFINDOR match.

The first member of one of these teams to answer the following question correctly will catch the Snitch and score their team a cool 100 points!

"How many house points did Snape take away from Gryffindor during Harry's first ever potions class (in the book or film)?"

Good luck!

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

SNITCH!!!
l_snitch01_prph_hpe3.png

The Snitch has been spotted during the RAVENCLAW VS GRYFFINDOR match.

The first member of one of these teams to answer the following question correctly will catch the Snitch and score their team a cool 100 points!

"How many house points did Snape take away from Gryffindor during Harry's first ever potions class (in the book)?"

Good luck!

Wasn't it one?

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue