Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

30 diamond pushups X 1.5

45 feet elevated pushups X 1.5

==

105 pts

won't you feel wonderful that you have beaten a team with a beater with a herniated neck disc....you are so mean! 

diamonds and elevated!  whew!

:hopelessness:

(injury is real, the guilt is just a mom guilt trip tactic...sarcasm flagged!)

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

100 knees for Hufflepuff.  

Dear God,  I didn't do any during the day at all today and I've had to cram them in in the last hour.  My arms are going to hate me tomorrow. :D

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Dear Gryffindor team - 

I am sorry that I have not been able to keep up...yesterday, I messed up with my neck - boo hiss.

I am trying to make up for it today...I'll post the total when I'm done.

Your health is more important :) I'll hammer out some hindus tonight and we'll be back in business!

• Like 2

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

won't you feel wonderful that you have beaten a team with a beater with a herniated neck disc....you are so mean! 

diamonds and elevated!  whew!

:hopelessness:

(injury is real, the guilt is just a mom guilt trip tactic...sarcasm flagged!)

If you had read your Harry Potter stories you'd know Slytherin's never feel guilt and are quite happy to win even if it means a magic spell or two to disable their opponents. :playful: 

Seriously though, you did a great job as beater, take care of your neck so you can be back at it next week!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Gryffindor chaser reporting in.  120 knee pushups = 60 points/15 = 4 x 10 = 40 adjusted points

That should be 170 for the week. 

@CA - no worries.  Heal up!!

• Like 3

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

315 pts (unadjusted) for team SLytherin.

Now I'm collapsed on the floor in a heap, but I need to go shower, cause I'm really sweaty.

crossfit+exhaustion.JPG

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

If you had read your Harry Potter stories you'd know Slytherin's never feel guilt and are quite happy to win even if it means a magic spell or two to disable their opponents. :playful:

Seriously though, you did a great job as beater, take care of your neck so you can be back at it next week!

Elastigirl - I have freely admitted that I do not know my Harry Potter...I was trying to reach the human that I'm sure lies deep within ORazor..;-)

There is something about the pushups that are straightening out the herniated disc...or something...though, the shoulder shocker really messed me up....couldn't do any pushups!!!  So much for rehab!

Thanks...considering I was pushing hard to pull 20 counters  out a day last challenge with the pushups  - I am very pleased with my progress!

But, I always struggle with not having done enough...and I would never have put myself in a position for my team to 'depend' upon me.

Again, this is another learning situation, that is causing me to grow in areas in which I have no other forum to experience.

Ha! next week, I'll be back at the hotel with the higher counter! (oops - shouldn't have said that!  :playful:

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I'm increasing every week ... so I'm happy with my progress.  *Waits anxiously for the scores to be tallied*

• Like 2

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

Changed the ret time 30 mins between sets today...

11 standard = 11 pts

12 sets of 11 knee = 66 pts

Total so far for Friday = 77 pts (not adjusted for AMRAP)

• Like 3

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Another 22 knee, making it 88 pts for Friday now.

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Squeezed in 22 more knee pushups

Friday total = 99 points before AMRAP adjustment.

I have actually realized how bad my form is on the standards due to the difference in how much more my core is worked during the properly done knee pushups........

Thanks to you all I will now spend the weekend curled up in a fat guy ball trying not to move! Arms and core super hate me riight now....

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Squeezed in 22 more knee pushups

Friday total = 99 points before AMRAP adjustment.

I have actually realized how bad my form is on the standards due to the difference in how much more my core is worked during the properly done knee pushups........

Thanks to you all I will now spend the weekend curled up in a fat guy ball trying not to move! Arms and core super hate me riight now....

Awesome job. I think I may be curled up in a ball too.

• Like 1

I am definitely resting arms this weekend.  Not quite the t-rex status of last week, but I can feel the workouts. 

• Like 1