Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

3 sets of 20 singles for 60 points. I will assign these to someone once the weaklings actually have some points scored.....

Suck it Slytherin!

Posted Image

Hufflepuff Seeker

PUs (Regular): 50 reps -> 50 pts

Decline: 50 reps -> 75 pts

Diamond: 50 reps -> 75 pts

Clapping: 30 reps -> 60 pts

Hindu: 20 reps -> 50 pts

1 arm (strad): 20 reps (ladder type sets) -> 60 pts

Total: 370 pts

Notes: I was just testing to see which push ups give the easiest points :) Although getting the easiest pts might not be the best way to improve my strength :) Eh... I'm overthinking it... I'll just have fun :)

Also just thinking of ways to give more variety - do Headstand Push Ups and full depth Handstand push ups count? And if so how many points?

another non human.....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Hufflepuff Seeker

PUs (Regular): 50 reps -> 50 pts

Decline: 50 reps -> 75 pts

Diamond: 50 reps -> 75 pts

Clapping: 30 reps -> 60 pts

Hindu: 20 reps -> 50 pts

1 arm (strad): 20 reps (ladder type sets) -> 60 pts

Total: 370 pts 

Notes: I was just testing to see which push ups give the easiest points :) Although getting the easiest pts might not be the best way to improve my strength :) Eh... I'm overthinking it... I'll just have fun :)

Also just thinking of ways to give more variety - do Headstand Push Ups and full depth Handstand push ups count? And if so how many points?

Yuen you need your keyboard looked at it's putting zeroes after each number, suggest you call dial-a-geek for some support :P

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

ravenclaw-beater-quidditch-track-jacket-

Another 60 singles this morning, takes me to 120 for the week. 

Slytherin Seeker

Regular Pushups: 200 X 1 = 200 Points.

tumblr_lrpqvdkaRA1qb6t6wo1_500.png

Drop 100 of those points sucka, all that effort for nothing :P

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Just to check: are beaters limited to 100 pts per game (week)?

Cause if so: 5x10 typewriter pushups (side-to-side variant) = 100pts and I'm done for the week...

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Posted Image

Another 60 singles this morning, takes me to 120 for the week.

Drop 100 of those points sucka, all that effort for nothing :P

Can I get a rule check? I'm pretty sure that seekers cannot be offset. I either beat the other seeker or I don't, right?

Posted using only my thumbs.

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

Current Challenge

Can I get a rule check? I'm pretty sure that seekers cannot be offset. I either beat the other seeker or I don't, right?

Sneaky Slytherin trying to slip and slide around the rules already and it's only exhibition week... what a bunch of snakes! :P

Positions/Scoring

Points are scored by completing pushups which equate to a point value, (see variations below). When a player completes a series of pushups, they will need to reply to this thread to count them.

All points will be tallied at the end of the week, once the game is complete, however 'unofficial' scoring is likely to take place in the meantime to help everyone know where they and their teams stand.

• Chaser: The Chaser does pushups to score points. The more pushups completed, the more points scored
  • Keeper: The Keeper does pushups to negate points scored by the opposing team. Their score is subtracted from the points scored by the opposing team's Chasers. Keeper's are exempt from the weekly point limit
  • Beater: Beaters use pushups to counter the effects of the other team's Keeper, Chasers and Seeker. When points have been earned, the player nominates an opponent on the opposing team and any points scored will be removed from the target player's tally. Note that the effect can not cause the target's points to become negative, so choose your target wildly (points scored beyond the target's points total are lost)
  • Seeker: The Seeker has no point ceiling and can score as many points as they like. At the end of the game, only the team who's Seeker records the most points adds that Seeker's points to their final score, while the other team gets no Seeker point

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Posted using only my thumbs.

Yes, seekers can be offset. Beater offsets apply before the Seeker scores are compared assuming that particular Seeker was targeted. The winning seeker's score is also offset against their opponent's Keeper score for the final total.

Hope this makes sense.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Gryffindor chaser - 50 knee pushups for 25 points!!  And Phylanx, aren't you our Seeker??  My partner in crime is ChristArtist .....

G_final.jpg

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)