Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

I just don't understand how!!!!  :tongue:

Fair enough on the planks.   Are there enough variations of rows and pull-ups for everyone?   Perhaps, lunges?   What else is there....

I like pulls better than lunges (assuming we are choosing only 3) because they balance the pushups. Rows can be done with milk jugs filled with water or sand,so they are easy enough to do at home. Not a lot of harder variations, but robot wizards can just crank out more of them. And there are negatives, for those of us who are not quite robot wizards.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

That sounds good. Perhaps a three-week trial run of that? I had the idea of a non-HP pvp based on pyramid/Fibonocci/or-just-nerdy-numbers, but I think I will wait until after the push-up quidditch I am running. (PS There are 7 open slots for this coming week (2 in each group except one in Ravenclaw.)

Maybe that's what I need to get me motivated again. Sign me up? Any team, any position.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

ok, so I missed some here, you guys are thinking three "moves" and each week is dedicated to a move and we're all on our own competing against everyone or will there be teams? I assume it would be the same as the pushup quiddich where everyone was working against their own AMRAP... 

By move I mean like pushups and it's variations, pullups and it's variations, ya know, the big stuff :) 

• Like 1

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

I was thinking that each week could be dedicated to one of three moves (pushups, pullups & squats) to represent each task of the tournament.    At the start of the game everyone has to submit their AMRAPs.  What do you think?

Or Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang teams?

These would have to be the teams :P

Do people want to do this next challenge then?   We already have the pushup variation points system, we would have to figure out the squats and pullup variations.  Who wants to be admin?  I don't mind being an admin.... Perhaps we could have three admins..... a headmaster for each school?

• Like 2

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

I was thinking that each week could be dedicated to one of three moves (pushups, pullups & squats) to represent each task of the tournament.    At the start of the game everyone has to submit their AMRAPs.  What do you think?

These would have to be the teams :tongue:

Do people want to do this next challenge then?   We already have the pushup variation points system, we would have to figure out the squats and pullup variations.  Who wants to be admin?  I don't mind being an admin.... Perhaps we could have three admins..... a headmaster for each school?

Or instead of variations we could just say pick the move that is at  your level, do an amrap for it, and then do it during the week. If you go to an easier variation ( some people will do some pulls and some rows) the easier counts as half point. That might be easier since we are doing three moves

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Or instead of variations we could just say pick the move that is at  your level, do an amrap for it, and then do it during the week. If you go to an easier variation ( some people will do some pulls and some rows) the easier counts as half point. That might be easier since we are doing three moves

Agree! Keeping it simple :) Then if you do a harder version (ie - pickup more weight for those squats) you get 1.5? Or each head master can post a handful of what they'll accept? Say max 5 variations? 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Agree! Keeping it simple :) Then if you do a harder version (ie - pickup more weight for those squats) you get 1.5? Or each head master can post a handful of what they'll accept? Say max 5 variations? 

I'd say 1.5 sounds good. 

Confusion, sorry!  Isn't picking a move that is at your level and then scoring off your AMRAP, the same as the original 'variation' system?   I agree that the system should be as simple as possible, I'm just a little confused :)

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Confusion, sorry!  Isn't picking a move that is at your level and then scoring off your AMRAP, the same as the original 'variation' system?   I agree that the system should be as simple as possible, I'm just a little confused :)

So you are correct, you pick your variation and do an amrap but instead of having a whole bunch of different levels you have either harder than your amrap or easier and that's it. harder scores 1.5 points and easier scores 0.5 points. Are we doing this next challenge? 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

So you are correct, you pick your variation and do an amrap but instead of having a whole bunch of different levels you have either harder than your amrap or easier and that's it. harder scores 1.5 points and easier scores 0.5 points. Are we doing this next challenge? 

Yes.This is how I was thinking of it. So, I do AMRAP for normal pushups, but then decide to do some decline I get 1.5 pts. But if I AMRAP for declines than I would only get 1 pt. Each person justs adjusts to their own level.

Yes.This is how I was thinking of it. So, I do AMRAP for normal pushups, but then decide to do some decline I get 1.5 pts. But if I AMRAP for declines than I would only get 1 pt. Each person justs adjusts to their own level.

Genau.

Adventurer || Wood Elf

I don't even think we actually need to do AMRAP. Honor system, each person picks the level that they are currently working on and does it. Whatever level that is, it is worth 1 point for each rep.

• Like 1

Either way; my standard AMRAP is 50, decline is about 30. It all comes out in the wash.

I vote for which ever method is the simplest for everyone to keep track of

• Like 2