Forums are back in action! ×

New Challenger Approaching!

Hello all! 

I've just graduated with a four year degree in Computer Science and have started a career as a real-life black mage practicing real-life magic, programming and math! However, with this profession comes the inevitable 8 hour salary man lifestyle. 8 hours daily of sitting in a chair, staring at a computer screen, and the occasional deadline stress. I have a long (very long) and fruitful relationship with gaming, but I figure now more than ever it's time to start a relationship with fitness. 

I've recently (albeit a tiny bit into the 6 weeks) started a Level 1 Challenge, and am looking forward to becoming active in a community so passionate about fitness! The nerdy tone of the community also is very welcoming at first glance :D

• Like 2

Quests: #1

Battle Logs: Current

---

The new guy, profile will get updated soon!

Hi and welcome :) 

Like you and many others around here I too suffer from sitting in front of a computer wayyy too much during the day. I found some great exercise suggestions here that can help relieve some of that "Computer Guy" posture issue. It won't substitute your current goals but it'll be a nice thing to do during a lunch break to re-set yourself maybe ^^ 

Level:  1 | Race: Khajiit| Druid  

STR: 0  | DEX: 1 | INT: 5  | CON: 2 |  WIS: 1  | CHA: 1

=Battle Scroll=

Hello :)

I'm also stuck behind a desk all day with the occassional home visit to a clients house whihch involves sitting down and talking. AND I also just started a challenge :) look forward to getting to know you  *goes off to stalk Mason's challenge page**

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Welcome to the forums.  I'm also new here and like you I spend far too much time in front of the computer for my job and then of course for gaming as well.  I wish the best of luck on your journey.  I checked out your challenge and it seems to have some great strides toward your goals!  

crazykhajitlady, thanks for sharing those stretches/exercises.  I saved them for later for myself because it seems an awesome way to fix those problems from sitting in front of a screen so long!

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

Thanks for the welcome all!

Hi and welcome :)

Like you and many others around here I too suffer from sitting in front of a computer wayyy too much during the day. I found some great exercise suggestions here that can help relieve some of that "Computer Guy" posture issue. It won't substitute your current goals but it'll be a nice thing to do during a lunch break to re-set yourself maybe ^^ 

!!!

Thank you! I did a few of these stretches after work and they helped quite a bit! 

Quests: #1

Battle Logs: Current

---

The new guy, profile will get updated soon!