Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

Disinfectants are easy and cheap (stash a lot of high proof vodka for multiple uses).

No no no no no!!!!!!! Wounds can be cauterised. You do NOT waste a precious resource like vodka. :P

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

No no no no no!!!!!!! Wounds can be cauterised. You do NOT waste a precious resource like vodka. :P

Good point, but the population of my apocalypse compound would dwindle pretty quickly if anytime someone scrapped their finger I started chasing them with a flaming hot poker.

I mean, there will probably be a wasteland election in my survival fortress at some point and I don't want to loose to the guy passing out freeze dried spaceman icecream because I'm cauterizing minor wounds with with a license plate from the campfire.

• Like 4

No no no no no!!!!!!! Wounds can be cauterised. You do NOT waste a precious resource like vodka. :tongue:

Honey, Black Pepper, Licking it, Peroxide....

The benefit to stocking up on Vodka though, is if you don't need any of the meds, then you can't drink what you have...

What about Type 1?

Type 1 seems to be genetic, with an environmental trigger. From what I can see, we don't know what this trigger is... but given that type 1 is appears to be less common in people who were breast fed as babies, it's possible that nutrition may be involved.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Hmm, maybe a list of people we need in our survivor-camp. Feel free to fill in more

- Doctor/GP

- Carpenter

- Farmer

- Tech-savvy folks like electricians, mechanics, engineers etc

- Village clown (otherwise I wouldn't get a spot...)

- Beekeeper

I was thinking of doing a new topic for this, but this seems pretty nerdy/weird so lets just go with it….

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Hmm, maybe a list of people we need in our survivor-camp. Feel free to fill in more

- Doctor/GP

- Carpenter

- Farmer

- Beekeeper

I was thinking of doing a new topic for this, but this seems pretty nerdy/weird so lets just go with it….

Blacksmith

Clothier

Rancher

Electrical Engineer/Drafter here... I'll gather plans for making power. :-)

Village clown... I sense a Mad Max Thunderdome moment... you and Jitters... 2 Clowns enter... one clown leaves...

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

We'll also need a brewer/distiller, potter, tanner/leatherworker, numerous hunters, and all manner of skills that haven't been in vogue for about 300 years (coopers, cobblers, millers, thatchers, etc).  Maybe a geologist, unless we're just going to cannibalize old cars for all our metal.  OTOH, all the easy-to-find ore has been mined, so we might be SOL there.

• Like 1

We may need a beekeeper too, honey is great for infection. Also for allergies, if you use honey made in your locality, it can help elevate hay fever and other allergy symptoms.

I think you mean "alleviate".  I don't want anything to elevate my damn allergies!  They're already bad enough as it.   :D

- Doctor/GP

- Carpenter

- Farmer

- Beekeeper

You forgot one: me!  

All kidding aside, I do fall into the "Tech-savvy" pool, being that I have a degree in automotive and have spent most of my life rebuilding cars, and I just like building crap in general.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Damn! I'm gonna be stuck outside with the zombies at this rate. Not much I can contribute :(

I'm an ok shot with a 12 bore.... And I have an apocalyptic supply of cartridges under the bed. (It's too expensive NOT to buy in bulk) ;)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Damn! I'm gonna be stuck outside with the zombies at this rate. Not much I can contribute :(

I'm an ok shot with a 12 bore.... And I have an apocalyptic supply of cartridges under the bed. (It's too expensive NOT to buy in bulk) ;)

Yeah, that qualifies you.  Assuming 12 bore is the same as a 12 gauge shotgun.  Damn Brits. ;)

I'm trying to think if I actually have any useful skills.