Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings, I'm Razzy from Michigan, USA. I'm 23, 5' 4" and 123.6lbs. I found the NF site in Februrary when I was literally beginning to itch with stir-craziness. I've been doing the 'beginner bodyweight training' circuit ever since. I'm going to switch to 3 circuits soon (was hard to do it consistently with school exams all the time). I've noticed a significant improvement, lost 12 pounds, and certainly have more muscle endurance but I want to do more.

So yeah, I'm in a kind of unique position. I'm a fitless skinny chick. I've never weighed more than 137 but I was sluggish and lazy and I always felt self-concious about showing any skin because it didn't look good to me. When I told my D&D group about my exercise/diet they were all shocked. "Why would you want to diet?" "You weigh nothing!" "You're gonna be anorexic looking!"

Yeah, it's great to be skinny but it still sucks if you aren't fit. So that's what I'm here for.

My family is pretty much in the same boat -- they don't think I need or should exercise and that I'm being silly. So I'm in a lot of need of support and advice here. I'm a broke, jobless college kid living at home and my resources are limited. I'm hoping this community can help me out with that. See, I'm the kind of nerd that likes go into things with a very specific plan. Heck, every D&D campaign, I write out full backstories for all characters (and NPC's if I'm DM) because I like being prepared and specific. I can't wing a fitness plan either -- I need specifics, I need people who's brains I can pick for advice, and I can ask a ton of questions -- hope you guys don't get frustrated with me.

Overall, I want to get stronger, lift weights, get stronger (did I say that already?) and hopefully use my improvement to kick my family's butt in gear. I'm the only semi-fit one in my family and I worry about them. Right now I'm in the muscular endurance slot with the beginner exercise and I REALLY want to expand out of that and start some serious strength training. I also need help on what to eat to make that happen as I'm at a TOTAL loss for what to do in that regard.

I do in fact have a long term goal in mind as a kind of "shoot for the moon" idea. (And please, laugh at me long and loudly when you hear it, it's ridiculous): Challenge that Staci to a deadlift duel.....

.....And not die in the process.

*puts sunglasses on*

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

• Like 3

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Welcome to the Rebellion!!  I think it is a great goal, and I'm pretty sure Staci would agree.  :playful:

The BBWW is an excellent start, and it is easy to do on a budget.  Have you thought about joining the 6-week challenges?  Those are great for motivation and the guilds are a good place to ask for advice.  Pop over to the introductory guild:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/ and post some goals.  I

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome to the forums!  There are so many great people here that can help you figure out what works best for you.  I definitely recommend doing a six weeks challenge as you can get some great encouragement there and hold yourself accountable after the 'yay it's new phase' wears off.  Which is something I desperately need lol  Anyway, best of luck in your goals.  You've landed in an awesome place to start leveling up your life! 

• Like 1

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"