Forums are back in action! ×

Silo's woots

Down 33 pounds from 202.5 to 169.5 since January 1 of this year. I estimate that I have 20-25 pounds left to lose. I can see a big difference in my face (I lost a chin!) I don't have a good full body shot right now but here are some face shots.

December 2013 and May 2014

Dec13_zps403f2ce5.jpg May14_zps36a06c4c.jpg

• Like 8

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I ran an under 10 minute mile tonight! It's the first I've done that since 7th grade. I'm doing c25k and my first mile was at 9:53 and then I did 2.93 miles in 30 minutes overall.

• Like 2

MFP

Oh my God Silo! You look fantastic, and you're so pretty!

amazing work! xx

w00t!

Thank you!!!

MFP

Wooow, that change is fabulous! YOU look fabulous! You should be so very proud of your achievement!!

Typed while drinking tea and not looking.

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I ran a 5k today and hit a new PR. My time was 35:07, down from 39:42. Big difference thanks to strength training and a 35 lb. weight loss.

• Like 1

MFP

Fantastic! :D  *chants* Go Silo! You can do it! :triumphant:

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

A quick update. This has been a big week for me:

• Passed the 40 pounds lost point. I'm at 41.1 pounds down so with a starting point of 202.5 that's just over 20% of my original weight GONE.
  • Body fat % finally dipped below 30. I use a bathroom scale, which I know is not accurate, but it's as good as it gets for now. I've been tracking this number for 8 weeks or so now and this week it finally moved down to 29.8%.
  • New 5k PR. I ran one yesterday and my time was 34:29, down from 35:07 earlier this month, which was down from 39:42 from farther back.

At 161.4, I'm now 7 pounds from the top of the healthy weight range for my height (5'6".) Right now my goal is 150 and then I'll figure out what I am doing. You can see by the pictures below that I had a lot of fat around the middle to start with. I'm happy with the improvement but there is still a definite roll there. I am hoping that another 10-15 pounds will take care of it. I'm happy with the other areas of my body and am a bit nervous about my arms and legs getting too skinny while I keep losing in order to get rid of the stomach flab but since spot reduction is not possible, I don't really have a choice.

Pictures below. Not the most flattering side shot but I had just gotten back from running so that's my frazzled look :)

then_zpse6591d98.jpg

now_zps739aca7a.jpg

now2_zps45ba2bb9.jpg

• Like 2

MFP

You look great! Congrats on all the hard work!

Sent using Tapatalk Owl Post.

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

I'm happy with the other areas of my body and am a bit nervous about my arms and legs getting too skinny while I keep losing in order to get rid of the stomach flab but since spot reduction is not possible, I don't really have a choice.

Awesome job Silo. So are you doing any strength training? That would help mitigate your shrinking arms and legs by maintining exisitng muslce mass.

• Like 1

A quick update. This has been a big week for me:

• Passed the 40 pounds lost point. I'm at 41.1 pounds down so with a starting point of 202.5 that's just over 20% of my original weight GONE.
  • Body fat % finally dipped below 30. I use a bathroom scale, which I know is not accurate, but it's as good as it gets for now. I've been tracking this number for 8 weeks or so now and this week it finally moved down to 29.8%.
  • New 5k PR. I ran one yesterday and my time was 34:29, down from 35:07 earlier this month, which was down from 39:42 from farther back.

At 161.4, I'm now 7 pounds from the top of the healthy weight range for my height (5'6".) Right now my goal is 150 and then I'll figure out what I am doing. You can see by the pictures below that I had a lot of fat around the middle to start with. I'm happy with the improvement but there is still a definite roll there. I am hoping that another 10-15 pounds will take care of it. I'm happy with the other areas of my body and am a bit nervous about my arms and legs getting too skinny while I keep losing in order to get rid of the stomach flab but since spot reduction is not possible, I don't really have a choice.

Pictures below. Not the most flattering side shot but I had just gotten back from running so that's my frazzled look :)

then_zpse6591d98.jpg

now_zps739aca7a.jpg

now2_zps45ba2bb9.jpg

AMAZING job, keep going and keep setting those goals, nothing can stop you!!!!!

As for worrying about arms/legs shrinking, strength training as wovercast mentioned should really help, as well as working out core ( but don't work core/abs with weights, that'll bulk out your muscles rather than making them lean and mean!) The middle area is the roughest for most women to slim and tone down, but you're on the right track, keep doing what you're doing and the belly will diminish with BF%!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Thank you!

Yes, I am doing strength training. I started out with the BBWW and at the end of May I switched over to El Diablo's Start Bodyweight basic routine. I've added a couple of exercises to it (dumbbell rows and overhead presses just because I like them.) I would like to start doing dumbbell deadlifts because I have enough plates to go up through 100# so it makes sense to use those before getting a barbell. I need to find somebody to show me how to do them in person, though, because I've watched a bunch of videos online but still feel like I am doing them wrong. I also need to get a full length mirror to put in my workout space so that I can actually see what I am doing.

I'm taking a diet break and eating at maintenance this week because last week I was starving and felt like chewing my arm off. I eat 1700-1800 calories most days and don't usually feel uncomfortably hungry so that was unusual for me. I'll be back at a deficit next week and then moving into the 150s.

One more big win for me today: I ran 4 miles without having to stop and walk. This was a welcome surprise. The summer heat and humidity has had me walking more than usual, even on short runs. But it all clicked today and my repeated "just one more song" mantra turned into "just one more lap around the block" and, bam, 4 miles.

• Like 1

MFP

Awesome! Way to go on the run. :)

Sent using Tapatalk Owl Post.

AnnieP (respawned)

I wanted to do a quick update since it's been a year(+) since one of my before pictures (Oct '13) and almost a year since the other one (Dec '13.) I'm now at 150.5 (down from 202.5) which means 52 pounds gone. One of my thoughts this year has been that it would be nice to lose 52 pounds in 52 weeks so I met that "deadline." 

In a previous post I mentioned that my goal was 150 and then I'd take it from there and that I hoped that another 10-15 pounds would take care of the stomach fat. Unfortunately, I still have a fair amount of stomach fat and at this point I'm crossing my fingers that the next 10-15 pounds will see it gone. This issue has been what is causing my funk. I know that I have come a long way but anytime I catch myself in profile view (which I try to avoid) it bugs me. My solution so far is to avoid side view pictures whenever possible (because avoidance can be a great coping mechanism.) I am doing strength training (AllPro's beginner, which I really love and plan to keep up with for the foreseeable future) and some cardio so I feel like I'm doing all I can and at this point I just need to continue being patient.

Update pictures are below. My "before" pics are in post #17. 

oct2014_zps2467f5e4.jpg

And then one from November 2014 at 150.5 lbs. 

Nov2014a_zpsf0305699.jpg

• Like 1

MFP