Forums are back in action! ×

I am fine today.  No lingering effects, no dizzy spells, nothing out of the norm.  I am not sure if it was heat or when your muscles burn through all the available energy.  (forgot the term)  Either way... matters not.. I'm fine today and even managed to take the mutts for a jaunt.  (super slow pace we didn't go far)

thank you all for your concern, its really nice to have folks who care... ya know?  I do appreciate that

Good to hear that you are all better!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My mother sent me this article about running. Any thoughts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/100-up-running_n_5406664.html

Also I ran 3.66km in 29:14.

Woot!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My last day of week 5 of the program will be tomorrow, am I too far in the program to join?

Not at all! All levels here. Welcome!

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

So I completed the first week of the C25K last week...going to start week 2 tonight.

So far it only seems to cover about 2.5km so I walk the rest of my 5km although Im thinking I might run some sections of that too - its getting easier to run, Im not 'enjoying' it yet, but Im not convinced Im going to die anymore either ;)

(I vaguely recall enjoying running when I used to do it years ago)

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

My mother sent me this article about running. Any thoughts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/100-up-running_n_5406664.html

Also I ran 3.66km in 29:14.

Yeah I read that one myself, I was trying to find it again to post it here lol...Im thinking of giving it a go, once Ive settled into my new challenge routine.

Well done on your run!

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Yeah I read that one myself, I was trying to find it again to post it here lol...Im thinking of giving it a go, once Ive settled into my new challenge routine.

Well done on your run!

I'm going to try it out a little before my bodyweight work out today. I was going to run, but it is rainy and cold and the weather is supposed to be better tomorrow! 

Thanks! Even with the little bit I have done I can feel myself improving! I ran about 1k today (late for work) and I ran most of it without walking, uphill even!

• Like 1

Made 2.8km before the end of the app today, walked the remainder for a total of 50 min for the 5km.

Think I'll give that 100up program a go on the rest days from the BBWW. Something is off with the way I run - knees, shins and heels were all telling me I'm doing something wrong today (I suspect I'm unconsciously heel striking)

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Another 2.8k with the app last night :) Im almost enjoying this!

Got to work on my breathing though, its really holding me back.

How's everyone else doing?

• Like 2

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

new personal best    49 minutes 37 seconds.

5K.

*happy dragon dance*

Woot! That's brilliant! Well done *wolfly cavorting*

• Like 1

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Very poorly, I haven't even got off the mark yet. RL issues.  :neglected:

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

RL can really suck, hope things settle down for you.

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

RL?

I walked for two hours yesterday, I don't know how far. And then I did Week 2 Day 2 of the C25k. It was pretty difficlut for me and I walked a lot but I did complete it. If I can't fully complete the third work out, as in running when I'm supposed to, I'll redo parts of this week. I also found a bunch of trails where I can run!

• Like 3

RL?

I walked for two hours yesterday, I don't know how far. And then I did Week 2 Day 2 of the C25k. It was pretty difficlut for me and I walked a lot but I did complete it. If I can't fully complete the third work out, as in running when I'm supposed to, I'll redo parts of this week. I also found a bunch of trails where I can run!

RL = Real Life

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

RL = Real Life

Yeah... Shoulda known that one. In my defense, not that their is one really, I thought it was some obscure running term talking about a running injury. Like L was leg and R was something.

I ran/walked 4.6km yesterday in about 37 minutes yesterday!

• Like 1

Yeah... Shoulda known that one. In my defense, not that their is one really, I thought it was some obscure running term talking about a running injury. Like L was leg and R was something.

I ran/walked 4.6km yesterday in about 37 minutes yesterday!

Well done!

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Sunday test "run"  (I never did manage to actually run) with new dog stroller  ...   1:07.  Three dogs and assorted getting used to it steps added a lot of time to my run.  They are not well suited for such a long distance.  Will need to devise additional modifications for their comfort.   On the other hand they had a lot of fun too. 

• Like 2

Is everyone updating the spreadsheet when they do a run?

Lots of good work being done, but dont forget to log it :D

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

I can't access the spreadsheet on most of my network connections.  I have not updated anything.

Accessed from home computer... finally.  I have completed 3 total 5K distances... (mostly walking)

Spreadsheet says something about running without stopping.. but I didn't understand the instructions.. so I put my 3 in there... if its wrong please make the corrections for me...

they all were mostly walking.

• Like 3

How's everyone doing? I managed a personal best today of running 2.5 of the 5k...in half k lots (walk half a k, run half a k)

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log