Forums are back in action! ×

I'm still at intervals and varying my total distances between 1.5 K and 5K. No runs yet, so hadn't entered anything in the spreadsheet. I guess I read the directions wrong.

Last week's program: I walked one medium pace 3K, walk/jogged one 1.5K distance with 6 intervals, 2  min walk: 20 sec jog (peak speed on the jogging has been 6 mph so far), and hiked one slow 6K with some hills, and at 7,000 ft. elevation.

Currently, I carry a 5# pack on the two longer distances. One session every other day, and two days off at the end of the week. I am upping my jog intervals 5 - 10 secs per interval workout and my total distance around 1 K per week. I'm old, overweight, and out of shape. I'm being gradual in my approach and cautious.

Week Three Plan:

Walk/jog one 2K distance with 6 intervals, 2  min walk: 30 sec jog; walk one medium pace 4K; walk one slow to medium 5K.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Woots for MaidofRus! Well done!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Guess what I did yesterday!! I went for a run and I ran/walked 5k! It took me just under 45 minutes!

Thats a good time!

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

I skipped my run yesterday.  It was miserable weather when I left for work so I didn't take my bag.  When I got off work it was beautiful, so I opted for more landscaping.  I got all the crepe myrtles clipped and topped the one near the power line.  I moved some of the uneven dirt around a little more, a few more settling in days and I should be ready for grass seed.  I ended up moving all sorts of things around in the garage, searching for my pruning shears.  (I should learn to put things away after I'm done with them.)  My pedometer said I walked 8 miles though if that counts?

• Like 2

Beau - Woot on the landscaping and the mileage count!

I've got a woot, too. It doesn't count on the spreadsheet, but I upped my walk/jog intervals and my mileage today, even though I wasn't feeling that great yesterday (little stomach bug) and didn't feel like rolling out of bed this morning. I did it anyway, and I upped my jog intervals to six intervals of 45 secs (from 20 secs!), every 2 minutes! And I went 2.14K instead of my scheduled 1.5 K! * Happy Dance *

I did extend one 2 minute walk interval to 4 minutes, as my heart rate was going out of my zone because I was on a hill. That was wisdom as opposed to laziness, so I'm fine with that. On a level route, I would have really rocked it, but convenience trumps ideal conditions at this point. I literally just have to walk out my front door and across the street to be on my route! Makes it much harder to punk out on a workout than if I had to drive somewhere or just workout along the main road. And, the hills (they're not all that big, anyway...) will be perfect for the next phase of my training.

Here's where I walk on my interval day:

gallery_17054_1166_64379.jpg

I have a level portion of sidewalk that I use as a warmup walk, then go down and around the lake trail which has 3 small hills, and then take the same stretch of sidewalk back home as a cool down.

I walk near this area, but along the canal, for my longer, non-interval walks.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I skipped my run yesterday.  It was miserable weather when I left for work so I didn't take my bag.  When I got off work it was beautiful, so I opted for more landscaping.  I got all the crepe myrtles clipped and topped the one near the power line.  I moved some of the uneven dirt around a little more, a few more settling in days and I should be ready for grass seed.  I ended up moving all sorts of things around in the garage, searching for my pruning shears.  (I should learn to put things away after I'm done with them.)  My pedometer said I walked 8 miles though if that counts?

Landscaping is more of a workout than running anyway lol...I know I hurt more after gardening than I do after any 'official' exercise!

• Like 1

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

WOOT ShadowLion!!!! And that is a gorgeous park...I'll have to get some pics up of the one I run at now lol

• Like 1

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

How did everyone go?

5K is not as easy as I thought it would be :(

Sorry I didnt run this very well guys, life completely got in the way.

• Like 2

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Just checking in. For those whom haven't been following me, my challenge pretty much died to real life issues. None of my challenge goals were met. Including this one. Mommawolfie did you share your run here? I didn't see it as I skimmed through.

Now to begin anew.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

3.74  miles   1:11:28 Time   Pace 15:38  (or close to that)  I was on a personal best when I happened upon a fellow team runner struggling just after the turnaround.  I doubled back to stay with her, and walked with her back in.  Killed my personal best chance...but it was the right thing to do. and I made up over half the distance I missed the day before.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, my run...official time was 45min 35 sec....I didnt run the full 5k though...some of that was walking.

• Like 1

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Sorry that I've been scarce. I've pretty much switched entirely over to stationary biking now that the summer monsoons have hit Phoenix. Ugh. It was still 103 degrees at 10 o'clock tonight and humid from the gathering thunderstorms!I'm figuring that I won't get back to serious C25K preparation until sometime in September. It's too damn hot and my knees will appreciate it if I get some more of the excess weight off before I get back to pounding them again.

3.74  miles   1:11:28 Time   Pace 15:38  (or close to that)  I was on a personal best when I happened upon a fellow team runner struggling just after the turnaround.  I doubled back to stay with her, and walked with her back in.  Killed my personal best chance...but it was the right thing to do. and I made up over half the distance I missed the day before.

Good for you Beau! For the personal best pacing and for doing the right thing. Now you know what you are capable of doing and you can do it again for the full distance!

Just checking in. For those whom haven't been following me, my challenge pretty much died to real life issues. None of my challenge goals were met. Including this one. Mommawolfie did you share your run here? I didn't see it as I skimmed through.
Now to begin anew.

How did everyone go?

5K is not as easy as I thought it would be :(

Sorry I didnt run this very well guys, life completely got in the way.

Here's to new beginnings for us all!

Mommawolfie, you did what you could. We all did, and that gives us momentum into the next challenge. The only failure is in refusing to keep moving forward. Even a baby step gets us closer to our goals.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir