Forums are back in action! ×

2014 Football World Cup!

The cup has already started! Who are you supporting?

For myself, I'm cheering for my country Chile and Germany as a close second.

Level 0 Medusa Assassin
STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge:

The Map

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Football doesn't start until August...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Cheering for the USA, though the Netherlands and France look like they're playing pretty well so far. And Germany is unsurprisingly doing very well. Was definitely disappointed by England's results, but my family across the pond is devastated.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Watching England play. It's not fun.

Chile are looking solid, Sienna.

Yeah, surprised us too! Sorry about England though :(

Level 0 Medusa Assassin
STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge:

The Map

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Watched last night's USA vs Portugal match. If soccer is anything like this on the regular, I might actually get a bit more into it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Well...now that the US and Mexico are out, so is my interest.  I guess I'll wait till the next one whenever that is.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

It's a pity the Netherlands didn't make it yesterday, I really would have appreciated a repetition of the '74 final!

But that game yesterday was a really dull affair. Somehow neither the Netherlands nor Argentina managed to generate some serious offensive power.

Level 2 Warrior

STR 1 - CON 1 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - WIS 2 - CHA 0