Forums are back in action! ×

Bet you couldn't guess this, I'm new.

My name is Lex- you can call me that or Fae.

All of my life I've been bigger, always came in the 98th percentile at the doctors in hight and weight. For a long time this didn't bother me and then somewhere along the line it did. Since then things have gone wrong with me loving my body, treating my body right, and making myself happy. I've started bad habits when it comes to eating and just as bad habits with exercise. Recently my self esteem took another sharp plummet and I decided to put an end to this. I want to get fit. I want to get in shape. I want to feel good.

My goals are simple but not easy.

• I want to get back to a diet that makes me feel good. Once upon a time that was veganism but I'm not looking to be restrictive with myself anymore, I want to travel and be able to experience cultures. I think moderation and knowing my body are the key.
  • I would like to get down to 160 pounds or so, ~80 pounds away from my current weight, but that's not a final number- I just want to go until I feel comfortable in my own skin. 
  • I want to tru-hike the Appalachian Trail after college, hopefully before I'm 30.
  • I need to get myself back up on the bike- nothing feels better then the wind in my hair.
  • I would seriously love to get into rock climbing.
  • I want to do yoga at sunrise on a cliff. This sounds totally cliche- there are probably a million pictures of people doing this on the internet... but it is the exact opposite of what I am now, I don't rise early, I don't bother to do yoga often enough to trust myself to do it from memory much less on a cliff, and I hate heights.

Tomorrow, well later today I suppose, is the big day. I get my butt out of the house and into the gym, away from the distractions of my computer and TV, to start working out again. If you're interested in such things, keep an eye out as I'll start posting about my progress, just taking to make myself accountable to something, even if it's a group of people on the internet I don't know.

• Like 1

Fae | Scout/Assassin | Level 1

“It had nothing to do with gear or footwear or the backpacking fads or philosophies of any particular era or even with getting from point A to point B. It had to do with how it felt to be in the wild. With what it was like to walk for miles with no reason other than to witness the accumulation of trees and meadows, mountains and deserts, streams and rocks, rivers and grasses, sunrises and sunsets. The experience was powerful and fundamental. It seemed to me that it had always felt like this to be a human in the wild, and as long as the wild existed it would always feel this way.†― Cheryl Strayed