Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, friends.

My name's Jaime, and I'm so glad I was shown this site by a friend. I'm 23, and while I'm not necessarily out of shape, I'm very much not in shape. I'm currently 5'9" and 143lbs, so my weight's not really the issue; I'm more interested in building lean/dense muscle (that makes sense, right?). This is my first time really trying to stick to a routine, so I'm afraid I don't exactly know where to start. So far, I've been working on the beginner STR training workout (today is day 3 of that; started on Monday), and I started interval training yesterday morning. I've also been doing yoga every day for about a week now.

Does anyone have some tips for a beginner like me? Also, if anyone needs an accountability partner, I'm totally in.

So excited to be a part of such an awesome community =]

Level: 2  Race: Wood Elf  Profession: Adventurer

| STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3.3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3 |

Twitter | YouFood: RaskolRebel

Just joined myself, I'm no expert but my one recommendation from reading your post is maybe don't do a workout every day, yoga or whatever else. First off its a good way to burn out, learned that from personal experience. Second your body needs rest days to build muscle. Better to do less days with more intense workouts. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I

Hi there!  You're in the right place!!  The StrongLifts 5x5 Workout is where a lot of the ladies in the warrior guild got their start in getting strong.  I'm pretty excited to try it myself, but haven't worked up the courage to hit a real gym yet and am currently just focusing on strengthening at home.  There is also a StrongLifts 5x5 app you can download for your phone that will set up a workout for you to do each time you hit the weights :) 

There's lots of good workouts and information in the NF resources page as well!  AND, there's tons of information and great people in the forums to help you figure out how to meet your goals.  Best of luck to you :)

Level: 3 Race: Human-Wood Elf Hybrid Class: Rebel

[STR - 1] [DEX - 1] [STA - 8] [CON - 7] [WIS - 13] [CHA - 3]

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal