Forums are back in action! ×

New mutant: The Procrastinator

Hi everyone!

I thought the online community might be a good little factor to get me pushing myself, as - as the name suggests - I always end up delaying and not prioritising health/exercise. So what started me this time? Well, I lost a couple Kg's in the space of a couple weeks just by eating less and cutting desserts/fried/junk food, and this has really motivated me, as I have not really been happy with my image or eating habits for a few years (I'm 23). My concern is that as soon as I start back at work in London after the summer, it'll be back to snacking and rushed meals.

But THIS time, I will learn to control my curse of procrastination. I will:

1. Continue my control on sugary/desserts and fried/junk food. I'm not finding it that difficult, thank God!

2. Build exercise into my routine. I've found a local, affordable gym, and IF I CAN WAKE UP EARLY, will make regular visits.

3. Become more disciplined in all aspects of my personal life.

The last one isn't really health related, but it's important for me to be able to sustain 1 and 2. My ultimate goals are:

1. Be a healthy weight, physically fit. I'd love to do a half-marathon for charity in the next couple years.

2. Be in control of my diet, not it in control of me.

3. Have a good life routine, balancing work, health, academics and personal interests.

You will all be, even if silent, my Professor Xavier who will help me to hone my procrastination mutation. I'm quite self-conscious so this is not something I'd probably share with many friends or family! Anyway, it's been a pleasure y'all.

P

Wayward Warrior, level 1 Warrior adventurer

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 0|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

3/July 89.7kg <Diet start>

9/July 88.5kg (-1.23kg, 6 days)

16/July 87.43kg (-1.07kg, 7 days)

28/July 85.95kg (-1.48kg, 12 days) <Diet broken, pigged out on two day holiday>

29/July ?kg <Diet restarted, joined gym>

Hey there! 

I am also a newbie, and one of the issues I'm trying to address is a wonky sleep schedule {unfortunately due to weird work/class scheduling, but whatever}. I've found that the only way to start getting up earlier is to go to sleep earlier. Maybe that'll help? I suppose it's a discipline thing for goal #3.

• Like 1

Newbie Hobbit 

Battle Log | Challenge: The Hobbit-Hole Rebellion

{she/her/hers pronouns, please}

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about CREATING yourself.

{to find is to come upon something either accidentally or by effort, but to create is to bring into existence or produce by sheer will}" --Unknown

Hobbiton to Rivendell: 8.5mi of 458mi

1.9%
1.9%

Walking to Mordor {1779mi}:

0.5%
0.5%

Welcome! I'm a procrastinator when it comes to my health as well. It can be so easy to come up with excuses and and say you will do it tomorrow. I've only been here a few days but have already found loads of positive and encouraging people. Good luck on your fitness journey!

• Like 1

Unapologetic

Level 1 Time Lord

~hoping to regenerate into someone new~

Intro First Challenge

Lose 200 pounds

17.6%
17.6%

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.

-Eleventh Doctor

I really feel like saying to you guys YOU CAN DO IT! And I mean it! Which means...I can do it?! Good luck with your target, unapologetic, I hope to hear of your long-term progress. Every 1lb is a victory.

Yeah night wren you're 100% right, sleeping early is half the job complete. Put. The. Laptop/tablet/phone. Down. I really like the app Sleep Cycle, it is only like £1.49 and actually works. But I'm a stubborn sleeper and sooner wake up the house than wake up myself :'( Opening the curtains before bed helps, too. Drinking a lot of water before bed. Hopefully with getting back into working out I will actually be tired when it comes to night, get a good sleep, and wake up more easily. Alas, let us see.

• Like 1

Wayward Warrior, level 1 Warrior adventurer

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 0|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

3/July 89.7kg <Diet start>

9/July 88.5kg (-1.23kg, 6 days)

16/July 87.43kg (-1.07kg, 7 days)

28/July 85.95kg (-1.48kg, 12 days) <Diet broken, pigged out on two day holiday>

29/July ?kg <Diet restarted, joined gym>

I really like the app Sleep Cycle, it is only like £1.49 and actually works. But I'm a stubborn sleeper and sooner wake up the house than wake up myself :'( Opening the curtains before bed helps, too. Drinking a lot of water before bed. Hopefully with getting back into working out I will actually be tired when it comes to night, get a good sleep, and wake up more easily. Alas, let us see.

Putting my voice in to agree that Sleep Cycle is amazing. It wakes you up when it's optimal to do so rather than interrupting you when you're in the deepest part of your cycle, and it gives you a whole bunch of nifty stats like how well you slept, how the things you did throughout the day affected your sleep, and so on. I even enjoy the morning heart rate measurement, even if it can be finicky at times. Love it all the same though!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log