Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

I'm new at this web site & still don't know how to use it well, but i just wanted to share this with people that would understand my situation.

I’m almost 19 years old and i would like to introduce myself. I’m 126 lb., (57kg) 5'6.5.

please excuse my English because I’m from west Asia, so ignore any mistakes that i have made.

i have always struggled with body issues for a long time, I have lace of confidence and I’m a bit shy, the first time i started a diet i was 65 kg, it was 2013 before I went to university, I was starving myself and working out 2 hours a day, 5 times a week, I have lost for about 5kg, but after one & half month I stopped, and after few months gained 3kg back.

In april,2014 I started a new diet, a more healthy one & exercised at home, I lost 3kg and reached 60kg and then stopped again because of the exams excuses & the university pressure, my weight remained the same since then.

At the beginning of July I noticed that there’s something wrong, i always tired & doesn’t have that much of energy. I noticed when I eat healthy, exercise and drink more water my whole body feels different & energetic.

So I decided out of nowhere to start a new healthy life style, not losing weight, but just being healthy & exercising at least 4 times a week but still eating well & not starving myself.

So after 20 day, one hour of working out, 4 times a week, I lost 3kg and reached 57 which is my current weight. But my sizes remained the same. My goal back then was to reach 55kg.

but I noticed something new, I had this passion to search & Google about healthy lifestyles, recipes, etc. I educated  myself more, still not that much, but at least im trying, when I was searching for more info. i found nerd fitness blog & I kept reading a post daily about a lot of topics & experiences. A topic that sparked my attention is about body fat measurement, so I did one and found that my fat percentage is 28% & I have never knew or thought about such a thing before.

So I added a new goal, to eat less fat & sugar food to reduce my fat percentage. My goal is to reach at least 20% . I have more dedication than before because I don’t like how I look and I realized weight doesn’t matter the most that matter is body shape & how healthy I am. I have a lot of issues with cravings but I’m trying my best to beat that.

I have never had someone to support me completely, my parents and my friends thinks that I look fine & I don’t have to make any difference, and they always complain about what I eat. But I know that this is what I want and i feel great about it. I thought that maybe someone is going through what I’m in and maybe I can get support from here.

I know it’s too long, I’m sorry!

Any advice you give me will be appreciated. :redface-new:

• Like 1

Welcome!

Good to hear you are focused on feeling good more than looking good.  I believe this is a key point to success.  I am on a similar path right now and am also cutting out sugar and also all grains (bread, rice, pasta etc.) and i am really noticing a difference.  I would also say that don't necessarily avoid fat, fat from good sources is actually really beneficial for your body and a great source of energy.  Think grass fed meat, healthy oils, avocados, nuts, fish, and so on.  All of these have fats that a great for you.  I am currently doing the paleo diet lifestyle and focusing on high fat, the more the better, it's delicious. In the last three weeks i have dropped ten pounds.  I think are bodies like to have the fats and and are less likely to hold onto fat if you consume it regularly. Just my experience. 

Good luck!

Join the next 6 week challenge and set some goals!

By the way, your English is very good! 

• Like 2

Level 1 Half-Orc Barbarian Ranger, Chaotic Good
STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Do not wait to strike the iron while it is hot; but make it hot by striking.

Lose ten pounds Battle Log Quest I

HI! Zahraa

Ironhead is very correct!

You have experimented and have found that fueling your body is what makes it run...but I'm concerned that you have decided to cut fat.

here is an article that I hope you can translate:

http://drhyman.com/blog/2013/11/26/fat-make-fat/#close

I also agree with Ironhead about joining this challenge starting on Monday!

You will be amazed at how many people, from all over the world will join you, and support you in your quests!

head over to http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/372-level-1-rebels/

If you are interested, I have created a group for level 1s to support each other during this next 6 weeks.

Once you join up for this 6 week challenge - If you are interested in Storming the Castle - please come join me!

Good luck on your quests!

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

HI! Zahraa

Ironhead is very correct!

You have experimented and have found that fueling your body is what makes it run...but I'm concerned that you have decided to cut fat.

here is an article that I hope you can translate:

http://drhyman.com/blog/2013/11/26/fat-make-fat/#close

I also agree with Ironhead about joining this challenge starting on Monday!

You will be amazed at how many people, from all over the world will join you, and support you in your quests!

head over to http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/372-level-1-rebels/

If you are interested, I have created a group for level 1s to support each other during this next 6 weeks.

Once you join up for this 6 week challenge - If you are interested in Storming the Castle - please come join me!

Good luck on your quests!

Thank you very much for the tips & links, its very informative ;)

I decided to reduce the amount of fats & sugar in my diet because i have a high fat percentage, so I'm not going to cut fat because i know that our bodies needs a percentage of fat so that it give us energy & regulate metabolism, but just getting it from the right resources ( The good fat ) & as i read the article you send ( fat dosent make you fat, suger dose ), i liked that quote!

Im very exited to join the next challenge!

Thanks again! & good luck with your goals as well! :)