Forums are back in action! ×

A Race and a Chase!

About a year ago, my husband introduced me to NerdFitness.  I read Staci's story and felt motivated.  I almost felt like I had a fighting chance to be the person I so longingly desired to be.  Unfortunately, motivation and dedication have eluded me quite a bit.  Then I closed the webpage and went on with my day of snacking on goldfish and chugging coffee bogged down with artificial sweeteners and cream.  Yuck!

I'm about to be 31.  My twins just turned 3 in May.  It has taken a very long time for life to settle down since my kids were born, and they have taken me on a ride that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  So, here I am.  I officially started my first challenge today, but I officially WOKE UP exactly 13 days ago.  I feel great, motivated, dedicate, but I'm feeling that "I don't want to do this" urge a bit.  I figured it was time to jump in on a challenge to give myself some accountability. 

A little background:

I am 5'7", and currently at 189lbs.  My goal weight is around 140lbs.  At my heaviest before pregnancy, I was 219lbs.  Pregnancy was amazing to me and helped me drop down to 201lbs. There I sat, while my daughter fought for her life for 7 months.  She is my inspiration, but is not my be all, end all reason for doing this.  One of my biggest goals, since my daughter was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, is to push her in a half marathon.  If it takes me 6 months of 6 years to be capable, it WILL happen.  She can't run, and we don't know if she ever will, so I will run FOR her.  

I worked out for about 6 weeks in the beginning of 2013 and lost 10lbs, but life threw more crap at me so I quit.  I was just shy of the actual 6 week mark to make it a habit.  Funny how life works!  I've been in the NF Master Academy for 6 months and have done the workouts on and off....there goes that dedication again.

What happened 13 days ago?  Well, I'll tell you.  I woke up, got my kids up and fed, and for some strange reason I yelled at my husband.  It was completely unprovoked, out of line, and uncalled for.  Something in my woke up that day and I've been on a path to find myself ever since.  I feel incredible. I have energy.  I'm tracking every thing that I eat, honestly, and I'm not beating myself up for the few pieces of chocolate or the starbucks I decid to have.  

My goals: 

To like what I see in the mirror.

To be STRONG

To be Healthy

To be S.M.A.R.T. about how, why, and what I'm doing to attain these goals

To teach my two incredible kids that you can do anything that you set your mind to, and that being healthy, active, and happy doesn't have to be boring and bland!

To prove to myself that I am and have been the ONLY thing holding me back this entire time. 

And lastly, the cheesiest piece...

To add fuel to that spark!  "The more you work out, the weaker his knees get"!

If you made it this far, thanks!  I'm not new to posting in public forums, but this is a very private piece of my life, and sharing it has been half the battle!

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR - 2 | DEX - 3 | STA - 4 | CON - 7 | WIS - 5.5 | CHA - 0

Current Challenge

#1, #2TWburn (MFP), FitForMyTwins

Weight Loss Meter : Starting 184.7 lbs, Goal: 140

13.65%
13.65%

"Imagine with all your mind.  Believe with all your heart.  Achieve with all your might."

Welcome!

I have had some of the same battles my self, starting something and then some kind of s*hit hits the fan and it feels like everything has fallen apart.

I am back here for the 2nd time trying to get my self to a happy place myself.  I have trained and completed 3 half marathons over the last 3 years, but once the winter hits it was all down hill for me.  But looking at back on the path from never running in my life to completing my 1st half marathon really makes me think that we are all more capable of doing things that we don't that we are able to.  Just remember that every journey starts with a single step!

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Human Adventurer Level 1

STR - 0() | DEX - 0(+4) | STA - 0() | CON - 0(+4) | WIS - 0(+3) | CHA - 0(+4)

6WC: #02

Twitter

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Lao-tzu

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."

-Author Unknown

Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says "I'm possible"

-Author Unknown

When I read posts like yours, I usually think "Damn, there are some freaking great people in this world."

Your kids sure have an inspirational mother; I really hope that you succeed in your goals!

I myself joined this forum two days ago, and I'm already loving this community.

In any case, good luck! =D

• Like 2

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

Level 4 - STR : 5 | DEX : 8 | STA : 3 | CON : 5 | WIS : 8 | CHA : 1

Challenges: No. 1 - No.2 - No.3 - No.3: SugarRay's Comeback Match.

Challenge #1, in the books!  I feel like I accomplished a lot in the last 6 weeks, and I'm super proud of myself.  I didn't quite get in the mileage I was hoping to, and hopefully my ankle will start to chill out, but I am amazed at how far I have come.  

Level 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR - 2 | DEX - 3 | STA - 4 | CON - 7 | WIS - 5.5 | CHA - 0

Current Challenge

#1, #2TWburn (MFP), FitForMyTwins

Weight Loss Meter : Starting 184.7 lbs, Goal: 140

13.65%
13.65%

"Imagine with all your mind.  Believe with all your heart.  Achieve with all your might."