Forums are back in action! ×

My first thought when I came across this site and read about the whole real life role playing idea was that it's more than a little ridiculous. I mean the idea of basing real life on fantasy (isn't it supposed to be the other way around?) made me laugh - thinking that it was like forgetting how to live real life and needing an allegory just to remember how be a  person.

Aaaand..... then I realized that's exactly where I am right now. I've spent so much of the last 5 years with my head down, buried in unending work, attempting to further my education, better myself, and do everything that was expected of me that I completely forgot how to do life. I feel like such a novice at everything human: moving, talking, eating, laughing, , decision making, forming personal connections, EVERYTHING!

So now that I've got that off my chest, I'd like to introduce myself: Hi, I'm Ren. I'm learning how to not be a workaholic. I'm starting to remember what it's like not to spend 70+ hours per week in front of a computer. From that statement I imagine you've probably guessed how out of shape I am, and I'd just like to state that I am not proud of the lack of balance in my life over the past few years or the decisions that brought me to this state of physical and emotional wreckage. But I am very glad that I'm here. I am so glad that I've found this community. I am so glad that I took the time to re-evaluate my first impression of this site. I am so excited by all of the introductions I've read here, and I can't wait to get going on my first challenge! 

Welcome Ren! I know exactly how you feel. I've been spending a lot of time learning how to be human again, but I'm happy to report that it IS possible. I'll be  doing my first challenge when the next round starts too.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Welcome to the party, Ren!  I was/am in a similar boat to you, I left a job that I dedicated everything to only to realize there wasn't much left of me in the end.  Now I am getting healthy, having fun and trying to level up my life.  

This is a great place for support, even if IRL there aren't people to back you up NF will have your back!

Human Adventurer: Level 2

|| STR 4 || DEX 1 || STA 3 || CON 1 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Current Challenge:  #2 ||  Battle Log || Past Challenges: #1