Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy mama joining in

Hi!  I have been lurking on and off for a few months and finally decided to dive in and join the new challenge.  

I'm the single mother of 2 boys (8 and 6). I work full time (accounting software, definitely a nerd) and also host a foreign exchange student so I stay pretty busy.  I have never been much for physical activity and now that I'm in my mid-40s I realize that I need to get over that.  I recently dipped my toe into fitness by joining my boys in their TKD classes (the kids love having me there).  I recognize that's not enough, and I've been fascinated by lifting heavy things for awhile so I am going to join the Y and start weight training next week.  I have been reading up on the Stronglifts program.

I like the primal way of eating but have noticed that if I slip a bit I totally lose my mind.  I did well last spring but went into freefall during a kitchen remodel and gained all I lost...ugh. So I need to get back on track there, too.

For fun I like reading, Sims, knitting, cooking and of course hanging with my kiddos.  Buffy is my all time favorite show.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and starting the challenge on Monday!  :joyous:

• Like 1

Jessica

Level 0

Current weight:206 

Goal weight: 146

0%
0%

Oh yeah, knitting! I worked in a yarn store for three years, love to knit! :-) Glad to see you here. You know if we both get smaller, it takes less yarn to make us each a sweater. Plus with less knitting to do, they get done faster. Glad to see a fellow knitter here, so welcome!

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

BUFFY! Oh man, I have the collectors set of DVDs tucked away somewhere... Buffy Summers is my idol! XD

Welcome to NF!! I'll be sure to cheer you on in your challenge thread, you can do eet!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Shaarawy - I have just started watching again from the beginning - my exchange student has never watched Buffy so we are watching together.  It's just as awesome now as it was all those years again.  I totally want to be Buffy when I grow up.

Pavelluvs2eat - you make a very good point about the yarn!  :D

Jessica

Level 0

Current weight:206 

Goal weight: 146

0%
0%

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Shaarawy - I have just started watching again from the beginning - my exchange student has never watched Buffy so we are watching together. It's just as awesome now as it was all those years again. I totally want to be Buffy when I grow up.

Pavelluvs2eat - you make a very good point about the yarn! :D

I'd been contemplating starting a rewatch from the beginning for months now, but today I finally sat down to start! 2 episodes in, woo!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65