Forums are back in action! ×

Stepping out of the Shadows

So, I've been coming to this site for a while, mostly the blog part. I made an account a while back but never got around to using it. Well, I just signed up for my first 6 week challenge, so I suppose I'll say hai!

My name's Mark (you can address me by my real name or screen name, doesn't really matter to me), I ran three years of Cross Country in high school, joined theatre, ran a half marathon, then haven't really exercised much since (in that order). I've always been fascinated with parkour since I first heard of it, and with Ninja Warrior, as well. In fact, as a child, obstacle courses were among my favorite things ever! I'm here to finally start getting into shape, getting control of my life, and maybe one day try out for American Ninja Warrior.

On the nerd side, I'm a HUGE Sonic the Hedgehog fan. Definitely not his #1, but probably closer to #162 (Which, considering the world population of 7 billion, is still pretty impressive!). Love the games, love the comics, and I can't wait for the show coming out next month!! :D

I'm love entertainment. Acting, writing, playing music, circus arts—I dabble in a bit of everything (though I must admit, I'm only passable at a few). I jump at every opportunity to learn a new skill, which has it's pros and cons, really.

So yeah, that's a bit about me. I could probably go on indefinitely, but no one wants to hear that much from me! I look forward to meeting you all!

• Like 1

Level 0 Human

STR: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 STA: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

(Impressive, huh?)

Respawn in 3...2...1...

That's awesome. :-D A full house is pretty fun to play to. I am interested in parkour too, but I am a while from being able to do a pull up so I will be working on getting stronger for now. Probably with bodyweight exercises since I hate going to the gym.

• Like 1

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

Hey SkateTroe, glad to have you here! :D

Hey, awesome, you did cross country too! Yeah, I did it since freshman year, and I would have done it for four years, but I injured my foot, and couldn't do much running during senior year (I still went to the practices and meets, but as more of a cheerleader if anything :lol:). And I've ran a couple of half marathons too!

As for Sonic, I love the games! I grew up playing the games, from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle onwards, reading the comics (still do), and watching the shows (I didn't primarily grow up with Sonic, there was Zelda, Mario, and MegaMan as well [to name a few], but Sonic, like Zelda, was one of the more prominent ones). I'd say I'm more of Zelda fan as of now, but I'm still super hyped  the new shows, comics and games that are coming out soon. Sonic Boom will be so awesome :triumphant:

And as it looks like you're new to the forums here, I'll go ahead and leave you a link to the Accountabilibuddies page. You don't have to join a group, but it's a good way to meet people here :)

Oh, and THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE is always open to new members :rapture:

Just saying :pride:

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker