Forums are back in action! ×

No Hiding in the Shadows

Confidence is a funny thing, isn't it? Getting peppered with questions by C-suite executives during an audit? Bring it. Post a silly little introduction to people I may never see face to face? Ehhhh, gonna have to rethink that for 2 weeks. While I'm riding the confidence wave, here we go...

I am known as Icegiantinasgaard, and Loki is my spirit animal. He knows he's different from the others, he knows why he's different from the others, and he likes to see what he can get away with before receiving an epic beat down. For me, the epic beat downs come from pushing too hard too soon and tweaking something I forgot I had. Training was always about going all-out every rep and pushing the limits to improve. These days, I forget that my available horsepower is much, much lower than it used to be.

I played competitive sports from ages 4-20, baseball at first, then basketball beginning in 6th grade. I was fortunate enough to play in college, and it was a phenomenal experience. But bad habits learned over a lifetime took their toll. The only reason I stayed reasonably fit through college was because I played sports, and even then my diet can be summed up in two words: scientific breakthrough. Everything was processed, cheap, and idiot-proof to prepare. Once I stopped playing basketball competitively, these learned behaviors made a bad situation worse and I gained 80 pounds in 2 short years. Now that I've been stuck in the lose/gain/lose/gain/give up cycle for over a decade now, it's time to step up and be a good father to my son and teach him the good habits I am still trying to create for myself.

My overall goal is to reduce my weight to something more manageable, though honestly, I'm less concerned about the number on the scale than how I actually feel about myself on a given day. I'd rather be 225 of solid muscle than 205 of pure flab.

My rebellion's seeds are planted. It's time to tend them and watch them take root and grow.

ICEGIANT355

Frost Giant

"No matter what they send at us, we will never let it fall" - Amon Amarth

"Pushing past the signs, don't let fear beat you inside; grow through the pain" - Battlecross

Profile - MyFitnessPal - Current Challenge - SKULL CRUSHERS

Good luck with your goals. :) I will be following you, and only in a semi-creepy way. :P

Take everything one step at a time!

Thanks for following :) Also, anyone whose avatar appears to be the green power ranger on the iron throne can't possibly be creepy, amiright?

• Like 1

ICEGIANT355

Frost Giant

"No matter what they send at us, we will never let it fall" - Amon Amarth

"Pushing past the signs, don't let fear beat you inside; grow through the pain" - Battlecross

Profile - MyFitnessPal - Current Challenge - SKULL CRUSHERS