Forums are back in action! ×

New Group - Girls Only!

so i noticed yesterday that you can create groups on this site. i decided it might be fun to have a girls only room. i dunno...to talk about shoes or something. but, for real, since the challenges men and women face when getting/staying healthy are different, i thought it might be a good place. i hope the ladies will join me there :)

even though i still strongly stand by the fact that we shouldn't eat or train any differently than men, we'll be creating a ladies section of the forums shortly - working on a forum organization revamp.

coming soon, i promise.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Woot! Sartorial Meat Heads Only... no girls allowed.

But I want to be a Sartorial Meat Head!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

New name for the strength training squad?

You sir, are brilliant.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

In my experience women-focussed groups benefit a lot from having male participants. Just because it's about a topic doesn't mean everyone out there doesn't have something to learn and share.

the section won't be banned from men - but will be more of a ladies guild. if the guys want to participate, they will be more than welcome - but they can't get mad when they open up a thread and its about the (monthly) plague. :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Not nearly as good as watching the Milan fashion show finale of the movie Kinky Boots :-)

Although it did take me a bit to appreciate the assassin from Serenity as a female impersonator in a cabaret.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I have been wanting a place to post about cyclic variation in training schedule (ie, I feel weak this week, like a superhero this week, like crying this week, and like I would like to eat everything on the planet this week) for girls without having to put out a road block and signage for the non-menses inclined men on the board. 'cause I would feel bad if they stumbled into it and went "HOLY CRAP MY EYES!!!"

I dunno. If dudes bled once a month, there'd be national weeks of mourning about it, and laws requiring everyone to go bring him pints of ice cream. I say own it, and without apology. There shouldn't be a sense of shame or secrecy about this stuff.

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

I have been wanting a place to post about cyclic variation in training schedule (ie' date=' I feel weak this week, like a superhero this week, like crying this week, and like I would like to eat everything on the planet this week) for girls without having to put out a road block and signage for the non-menses inclined men on the board. 'cause I would feel bad if they stumbled into it and went "HOLY CRAP MY EYES!!!"[/quote']

I second this.

even though i still strongly stand by the fact that we shouldn't eat or train any differently than men, we'll be creating a ladies section of the forums shortly - working on a forum organization revamp.

coming soon, i promise.

Since you guys are creating groups, the rebels with their own little clones would like a group. We would love a spot where w can give each other support in training our little NF rebels.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

In the women only thread can men post topics, such as, does Kain look better with or without facial hair? lol

Hahahahaha yes, yes you can.

I was thinking more that a ladies only section would involve more complaints about being ASL'ed by 8 year olds on xbox live.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!