Forums are back in action! ×

Tiny woot for fat loss

I'm smack in the middle of my fifth week of the new lifestyle, and my third week of exercising regularly.  I decided to "weigh in" this morning after my workout, and at first felt kind of discouraged since the scale hadn't moved much in the last three weeks, but when I checked my measurements, I found that I'd lost 2" from my calves and biceps, and 1" everywhere else.  This might not seem to be as impressive as some of the other milestones I've seen in this forum, but it feels huge for me because I have specific, measurable progress towards my goals! 

I've been feeling better about myself lately, and I think I "look" slimmer and less flabby in the mirror, but it's easy to doubt the evidence of my eyes since I want it to be true so much.  Even getting back into an old pair of jeans didn't convince me entirely, because they are old and broken-in, so they fit differently than would a new pair from the store.  But the tape measure convinced me.

Woot!

• Like 2

Dwarven Adventurer, level 0.

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." (Flemeth, Dragon Age II)

Target Weight: 200lbs | Starting Weight: 262lbs | Current Weight: 253lbs

I'm all about that bass.

This is impressive and awesome, just like the other milestones I've seen in this forum. It's huge for me because I have specific, measurable progress towards my goals!

Fixed it for you.

Woot!

• Like 3

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

D'aww, thank you!

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment... and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." (Flemeth, Dragon Age II)

I'm all about that bass.

Congrats:) I think the best thing to do when you first start working out and exercising again is to go by measurements to start instead of the scale. I noticed the same thing my first 6 weeks into my program I hadn't really lost any weight but i had lost inches off my measurements. A few different things factor into this A your body has to retain water to repair your muscles and B your muscles are starting to form again. Keep up the good work:)

~Mike~

• Like 1

Great work.

Tip though - i believe its best not to weigh after a workout. Lots of funny things happening with chemicals/water etc. First thing in morning after using the bathroom is best

Ooh, I didn't know that!  I'll have to keep it in mind.  My grandma always told me to weigh myself only in the morning, before eating anything, so that I'd get the best idea of my "real" weight.  I did my workout first thing when I got up that day, and just decided to check my progress before eating.  I'll have to remember to check on my "rest" days instead.

I'm all about that bass.