Forums are back in action! ×

Worry Wart Changes to Fearless Wart

Hi All,

I’m Maxine (Max for short) 38, married to my childhood sweetheart (15 years now) and love to cook and read. So of course, my favorite pastime is reading and eating while I read (not a good combination I must say!!).

I quit my job a couple of years and worked from home. But because of this…I have become inactive (movement = desk-to-couch-to-bed L, embarrassed to say the least!)

Due to certain circumstances, I recently took up a new job (in the past month) which is mostly physical (good) but bad because I realized how out of shape I am in. Moreover, everyone around me seems so fit and energetic. My clothes don’t fit anymore and it’s depressing to buy large clothes so that I can cover all my love handles and bulges (boy, there are many!).

I’ve been a worry (fear) wart all my life and that’s about to change. Starting with my name!!

FEARLESS WART = Opposite of worry wart.

Because I worry excessively (just about anything!) I restrict myself from doing things. E.g. Won’t do too much running as it will bust your knees etc. Result = don’t land up doing anything!

What I’ve realized that these are just excuses. I’ve been reading NF for a while now and have finally decided enough is enough! It’s time for me to CHANGE ~ change my attitude, take action, stop worrying and let go!!

So here I am…determined to stop worrying and become FEARLESS ~

Any pearls of wisdom for me?

sweet!

Welcome to NF, i think you will like it here. Lots of people with different experiences and different things they do in live. You will definitely find people to relate with and stuff. Tons of info to, which should help you do what ever you want to do without fear of hurting yourself.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Love this! When I first started NF, I was a worry wart.I'm slowly changing into a fearless wart too. My best advice is to  pick a workout (NF blog has tons of great ones) and start doing it. Go slow if you want, do it at a pace you are comfortable with. It's amazing how as you start to accomplish little goals, you start to realize how much you can do, and stop worrying so much.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Yay! You took the major step of signing up, which is a great place to start. :) 

I spend most of my time at home now, and can find it extremely difficult to get my bum off the couch and away from my dog. Personally, I find getting my work out in first thing in the morning is the only way I can do it. I started with just doing cardio at the gym (I hate running on pavement) and eventually started incorporating strength training. 

You can do it!

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

sweet!

Welcome to NF, i think you will like it here. Lots of people with different experiences and different things they do in live. You will definitely find people to relate with and stuff. Tons of info to, which should help you do what ever you want to do without fear of hurting yourself.

Thanks ...happy to be here, and looking forward to many BIG changes

Cheers ~

Yay! You took the major step of signing up, which is a great place to start. :)

I spend most of my time at home now, and can find it extremely difficult to get my bum off the couch and away from my dog. Personally, I find getting my work out in first thing in the morning is the only way I can do it. I started with just doing cardio at the gym (I hate running on pavement) and eventually started incorporating strength training. 

You can do it!

Thank you....Yep, I know what you mean...I hate running on payment too! Good news is, I signed up for Zumba just yesterday and loving it!! I have two left feet, but what the heck...Love it, so much fun, doesn't feel like a work out at all.

Since you have a dog, do you tend to work out more ...am thinking long runs/walks and fun times just being with your furry friend?

Cheers ~

Love this! When I first started NF, I was a worry wart.I'm slowly changing into a fearless wart too. My best advice is to  pick a workout (NF blog has tons of great ones) and start doing it. Go slow if you want, do it at a pace you are comfortable with. It's amazing how as you start to accomplish little goals, you start to realize how much you can do, and stop worrying so much.

Dear Elastigirl,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Great to know that I'm not the only one worrying...I've started with the beginner's body workout...and Zumba :) We'll see how it goes.

Cheers ~

• Like 1

Sometimes its easy to get all wound up in the way you feel, and try and change that, but in reality, you can take action regardless of how you feel.  Good luck!

A Gnomish Scribe, with an emptying nest.... looking at the Training Hall and wondering about going in

Level 1  Adventurer

| STR:2 | DEX:1 | STA:2 | CON:1 | WIS:1 | CHA:1 |

Getting to level 0: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56895-pennychange-starts-with-a-hapenny-challenge/

Modified challenge for level one: six trips to gym

100%
100%