Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Spartan Plank Challenge

Nailed the 3:00. For now it's not getting easier. My body started to shake after 20 seconds. It's not getting easier although this one went a lot better than the one i did yesterday. Next one will definitely be with shoes on, losing the grip from your toes is not very handy. On to the 03:10 tomorrow!

... a little odd in the head ...

Hullo!

I'd like to join this if poss :)

My core strength, frankly, sucks ass and I want to change that. So I've decided to add planks to my workouts - I'll try to follow the calendar posted in the first post... Try! I'm doing the 6 week challenge that starts tomorrow but going to the gym later and I'll do Day 1 then. Action this day!

-Xik

I would like to join :)

I don't normally have a problem with a 30 sec plank, but I currently have a shoulder issue which prevents me holding the position for long. However, I need to exercise it, and increasing my plank time is part of that. This should be a real encouragement!

I'll post my first time after my workout today.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

Just did the plank i set out for: 3:30sec. It was hard today. Allthough i made my goal i set out 1,5 week ago i'm gonna keep on doing planks till i hit the 05:00 mark. Now to get me one of those nifty progress bars in the signature (my prize for reaching my own-set-goal). So Erosan looks like you're stuck with me a little longer ;) Btw how's your plank going? According to your progress bar still at 04:00?

Pfffff the plank was hard on me again today... Just barely stretched it to the 180 seconds. I'm hoping this will train me into a one-time berserker mode plank of 05:00. It's feeling like a chore but i am gonna make the 05:00 (or die trying! ;) ).

Searched a little on "how to train planks" and found that some people do different plank routines. They say it's harder physically, but i think mentally it will help to do more time:

front elbow plank (FEP)
FEP w/ right arm elevated
FEP w/ left arm elevated
FEP w/ right leg elevated
FEP w/ left leg elevated
right arm and left leg elevated
left arm and right leg elevated
right side plank
left side plank
right side plank with leg up
left side plank with leg up
top of pushup position (TOPP)
TOPP w/ right arm up
TOPP w/ left arm up
TOPP w/ right leg up
TOPP w/ left leg up
TOPP w/ right arm and left leg up
TOPP w/ left arm and right leg up
right side plank, elbow locked
left side plank, elbow locked

So starting tomorrow i'm gonna try this, even if it's just a training method for a 05:00 Front Elbow Plank.

hit 3:30. It actually seems to be getting easier, not harder the farther i go, like i was aiming for 3:00, then felt i could do more, so i was going to do 3:20 and be 2/3 there. I almost feel like i stopped at 3:30 just because i was bored, but could have done more. When i first started working out again 10 months ago, getting rom around 30s to 60s seemed really hard, now it almost seems easier to make bigger jumps. I think tomorrow i may just try to go right to 300 and see what happens.

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"

CalifornicationLG.gif

Hit it!

5 minutes W00h00!!!!

Funny thing is, i'm more glad it's over than getting to the 05:00 (added the check on my Sporty Bucketlst).

tumblr_m1powhRVdz1rqnp16o2_500.gif

I'm gonna follow this thread to see how you are all doing! And i'm gonna update my signature and leave the bar for a little while. Good luck to you all!

tumblr_inline_nekbceIfdo1rg9bxo.gif

• Like 2

Snazzy signature bars led me here. I think I'll join up(tho a bit l8), I am currently at 210 seconds, trying for 220 after stronglifts tonight.

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

I'll mull it over while petrifiedon the floor until later, XD.

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

Also I think you are the first one to achieve it in this thread... that makes you THE winner! But now I feel like I am not working on it hard enough. Imma change that. I will get to that 300 sec plank! I swear!

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft