Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Down Under!

Hey all, I've just joined in on the Rebellion and I'm so excited to find an awesome, supportive community full of actual information and nerdiness! My fellow and I just moved to Oz and I thought it would be a great time to start fresh with my health. 

The story is... I have been dancing (ballet and stuff, just to be clear!) for 15 years or so, and always struggled with my body.  Really just hated it, even though it could do awesome things like leap through the air and pirouette, I wished for something different.  Enter eating disorders, body dismorphia and all kinds of poisonous thoughts and advice.  I wanted to look like a starved greyhound, but am built more like a boxer... so I pushed myself to the limits, and failed repeatedly, getting so burnt out and feeling like my life was being taken over. After countless injuries and discouraging scenarios, I decided that this was not the career path for me... after I had already completed my major in dance, naturally.  There were so many other things I wanted to do, but I spent so long doing this one thing...I lost my way in life, I might still be a little lost, but at least now I'm going to focus on taking care of my body and giving it some well- deserved respect.  I've become enthralled with health and fitness, and soon found that there is so much broscience out there... this place, on the other hand, is full of actual information, presented in a concise and non-threatening way. 

My goals are to get strong, eat whole, healthy foods, and embrace the body that creates.  I'm a little lost on nutrition, I have not fully committed to the Paleo thing, mostly because I'm a recovering vegetarian and eating all that meat scares me.  I WILL learn my way around the weight section and not be intimidated by the grunts of large, sweaty men.  And there will be so many questions... so thanks in advance for listening, answering and telling me to stop worrying.  So yeah, that's me, Emily!

TL;DR Former ballerina grows up and decides to lift weights and eat clean, with help from the rebels

post-34029-0-80048300-1416996539_thumb.j

• Like 2

Level 1-- Water Nymph-- Assassin

Great people do things before they're ready. They do things before they know they can do it. - Amy Poehler

Go, you awesome Aussie!

Go forth and be amazing!

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Hello and welcome to NF family. So make yourself comfortable and don't worry about asking for help. People on here be happy to help.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram