Forums are back in action! ×

So, when I started high school I was a bitty twig of a girl who ate junk food and didn't exercise. In fact I'd spent most of my life being threatened with seeing a doctor if I didn't put on enough weight. Then I got it into my head that I wanted to join the military and started trying to eat a little healthier and exercised seriously. Fast forward four years and while I never got much taller, I'd gained close to 40 pounds and it wasn't in muscle. Since then my weights fluctuated, but stays more or less in the overweight range. I hate it.

This marks the 3rd time I've started at nerd fitness. The first time was fairly successful until life threw a wrench in my plans that included depression and a back injury. The second time ended pretty quick due to more depression and a lack of motivation... Third times the charm, right?

So here I am, giving this another go.

Part of what draws me here is the nerd factor, I do like RPGs. Health should be fun.

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."