Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings, fellow Nerds!

Hi :)

I'm Shiv. I've been watching and reading Nerd Fitness for a few years now, but never quite got up the courage to join, or perhaps I wasn't ready, or something. Anyway!

33 y/o, ex speed skater in my teens (not competitively though, just for fun!). 120lbs and strong and healthy until 18 when I moved to uni, got glandular fever, became depressed, failed uni, dropped out, went into admin jobs, drank a lot, partied a lot, went nowhere, didn't treat myself right, lost the plot at 30 along with my job, financial trouble etc, severe depression, took a few years to recover, ballooned up to 212lbs, my knees hurt going down stairs and the like. /bad bit

Now the good bit! About 2 years ago I discovered Intuitive Eating. Did a lot of mental work on my relationship with food, started walking most days, found a dumbbell workout program I could do at home (squats, rows, overhead presses and other compound movements I can't recall). Discovered I lean towards eating protein and veggies with some extra carbs when I've been exercising. Enjoyed the feeling of eating when I'm hungry, not dieting, and not feeling guilty about treating my body properly :) Lost 30lbs. Got over the depression. Pretty much stopped bingeing. After about 6 months life got in the way a bit, but I maintained the achievements I'd got out of it even though I stopped working out. Focussed on one new habit at a time, so a lot of it has stuck!

Eh, now I want to get smaller and stronger and faster. I can't run, but I want to be able to. I think it'd be a cool thing for my body to be able to do. I want to walk up the 3 flights of stairs to the flat without feeling winded with burning muscles. I don't want to be wearing size 18 trousers, I just feel like there's too much of me. I want to be able to pick up heavy things because I think that would also be a cool thing for my body to be able to do. I aim to join a gym eventually to train with the barbell. I did join one last year and loved the pool and the sauna, but... They had no free weights so I cancelled my contract :)

Anyway, that long speil was kinda for posterity so I can keep track of what I want. I've worked out what my first 6 week challenge is going to be, so I'll go post that up!

Looking forward to getting involved, rebels! *waves* :)

• Like 2

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Wow, what a story and what a turnaround... Its great to know what your goals are, i think i still need to define some of mine.

Have fun! :)

• Like 1

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Thanks :) I guess it helps that I've had the past year and a half to figure out what my goals are ;) But time to respawn now!

Just think of all the new things you can experiment with! Maybe finding something awesome to become awesome at could be your goal? Like a true adventurer :)

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

I do have a few goals so I guess I need to just sit down and be more constructive with my planning and time.

All the best to you and your goals!

• Like 1

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads