Forums are back in action! ×

Convince My Wife to Join the Rebellion

Hey, so my wife is training for a runDisney 5K in Feb and after that she's going to get on Starting Strength. She wants to start a blog or something for fitness posts and I'm all like "Why don't you just join NF and use the six week challenges for goal setting and accountability? You've got a ready made audience and a very supportive community. It's perfect." She's making some excuses because she'd rather just write a blog but I'm like "You can do both. It's easy.Ever heard of ctrl-c. ctrl-v?"

Anyway, I need your help so please comment and let her know how great it is. I think we can start her off with the adventurers but she enjoys lifting so maybe we'll get her over to the warriors eventually. Help me out. Thanks.

There's also the battle logs sections, if she's not interested in the 6week challenge stuff.  Just let her do her own thing and post about how it goes.  Which is pretty much a blog, minus all the formatting/admin headaches.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

There's also the battle logs sections, if she's not interested in the 6week challenge stuff.  Just let her do her own thing and post about how it goes.  Which is pretty much a blog, minus all the formatting/admin headaches.

Yep.  Sounds like a solution to me.  No need to learn any fancy HTML or what-have-you, and all the same benefits.  Plus, here, she has a super supportive community who can encourage as well. 

Though now that I think about it, she may be leaning towards the blog specifically because very few, if any, people will read it.  Maybe she's afraid/scared/nervous/etc. about having other people reading her workouts?  Could be something to talk about.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'm curious to know what her reasoning is. While of course I think that Nerd Fitness is the right choice (for me, at least!), I can see how someone might have reasons for preferring a blog, whether it's to provide an RSS feed for a predetermined audience, or to have full control over format, or for reasons such as Oramac suggests. And ultimately, if she's even half as obstinate as I am, if she's decided that NF is not the thing for her, then it won't be, even if it really is perfect for her!

That being said, if she does decide to give it a try, I'd be happy to be a Warrior friend! I'll be setting myself up in the next six-week challenge again after a few months off, and am using the Stronglifts program (as I have been on and off over the last year).

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

NF peoples are active, nice, and suppotive.

Also, no reasin she can't do both by making said blog and linking it, thereby hitting max pplz.

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%