Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

I get asked if I'm single more by men than women these days.  It is a nice ego boost either way.

Huh. I still haven't had that particular event occur. I think it would be quite flattering. Even just to be obviously checked out.

Too much as of late I've come across women that don't care that I'm not single.

That said, I do occasionally obviously check women out (complete strangers in safe public environments). I know the power of it as an ego boost, and as long as you're respectful about it (you can say a lot with your eyes and a smile), its a quick unspoken compliment and nothing more. Having it done to me was one of the major turning points in how I view myself, the first time was without a doubt one of the single most powerful moments in self-image in my life. I wish I could thank the young lady that did it.

• Like 2

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

...oh and this is totally biologically cliche' but fighting (boxing, mma, karate etc. 

I'm guessing you've never actually dated a fighter.  My wife would be happy to tell you just exactly how much attention she got when I had a fight coming up.  In fact, if I came home and told her I had a fight in six weeks I'd get an extremely sarcastic "Great! I guess I'll see in six weeks.  Then maybe you'll spend some time with me while your black eyes heal.  IF you're not in the hospital."

Three hours a day at the gym, running every day on top of that, strict diet, scheduled sleep, hurt from sparring, complete exhaustion, and "sorry hon, I can't go out tonight, I've got a fight coming up."    Yeah... Fighter's wives and girlfriends (and husbands and boyfriends)  will tell you fighters are extremely selfish when prepping for a fight.   I didn't even like myself when I was like that.  :D

Then there is the whole watching someone you care about getting punched in the head thing.  It would make her a total wreck.  She was not shy about telling me about it either.   I watched a newlywed friend of mind catch a hook one night that put him down cold and I immediately turned to his wife a few seats down who had to be held back by his parents.  She looked like she was about to have a complete panic attack.  There's her new husband, out cold 20 feet away and she can't go see how he is. Or ask my wife about the night when my trainer had to go and find her and he started the sentence with "Don't worry, he's going to be fine."    That is not the way to start a sentence to someone who knows what kind of danger her husband puts himself into.  (I was fine, just a broken nose.  Not the first time, and probably won't be the last.)

• Like 1

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

It is kind of gratifying to realize that somebody is checking you out. We went out to dinner last night and when the table next to up got up to leave, my husband said "I was watching that guy eyeballing you when we walked in. He only stopped when I walked up." I was completely unaware of it until he said something but I will admit it gave me a bit of a boost.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

It is kind of gratifying to realize that somebody is checking you out. We went out to dinner last night and when the table next to up got up to leave, my husband said "I was watching that guy eyeballing you when we walked in. He only stopped when I walked up." I was completely unaware of it until he said something but I will admit it gave me a bit of a boost.

For both partners. I bet your husband got an ego boost as well! I love it when I see other guys checking out my wife.

Some guys are pigs (catcalling, seriously?) or creepy about it, but there is definitely a respectable and flattering way to do it.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I enjoyed the drink myself and sent the glass back.

It's ok, I don't want to go back to BJ's anyway...

Did this really happen to you? Somebody sent a woman who you were on a date with a drink? Did you raise it in his direction and  say *cheers*?

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Did this really happen to you? Somebody sent a woman who you were on a date with a drink? Did you raise it in his direction and  say *cheers*?

Yes! To my wife! It was 3 guys at the bar. The server was very apologetic about it, but said that if anyone does that she has to serve it. I stood up, raised my (shot)glass to them and drank it down.

Then rifled it back at them. Fuckers.

:D

• Like 4

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Yes! To my wife! It was 3 guys at the bar. The server was very apologetic about it, but said that if anyone does that she has to serve it. I stood up, raised my (shot)glass to them and drank it down.

Ok... the last few comments went from "Oh, there's barfly being sarcastic again" to "HAHAHAHAHA... that's awesome!"

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I think the is one of 2 ways to properly handle this.  The other is your wife drinking it and then giving a little PDA to you with you staring them down and her ignoring them.  

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I'm guessing you've never actually dated a fighter.  My wife would be happy to tell you just exactly how much attention she got when I had a fight coming up.  In fact, if I came home and told her I had a fight in six weeks I'd get an extremely sarcastic "Great! I guess I'll see in six weeks.  Then maybe you'll spend some time with me while your black eyes heal.  IF you're not in the hospital."

Three hours a day at the gym, running every day on top of that, strict diet, scheduled sleep, hurt from sparring, complete exhaustion, and "sorry hon, I can't go out tonight, I've got a fight coming up."    Yeah... Fighter's wives and girlfriends (and husbands and boyfriends)  will tell you fighters are extremely selfish when prepping for a fight.   I didn't even like myself when I was like that.  :D

Then there is the whole watching someone you care about getting punched in the head thing.  It would make her a total wreck.  She was not shy about telling me about it either.   I watched a newlywed friend of mind catch a hook one night that put him down cold and I immediately turned to his wife a few seats down who had to be held back by his parents.  She looked like she was about to have a complete panic attack.  There's her new husband, out cold 20 feet away and she can't go see how he is. Or ask my wife about the night when my trainer had to go and find her and he started the sentence with "Don't worry, he's going to be fine."    That is not the way to start a sentence to someone who knows what kind of danger her husband puts himself into.  (I was fine, just a broken nose.  Not the first time, and probably won't be the last.)

lol actually I dated a boxer when the kids were little, just amateur stuff, but I'm not a typical female in that sense, him ignoring me before a fight was no big deal and if he wants to intentionally get punched in the face, I hope he is smart enough to wear a mouth guard, otherwise...whatever. I mean yeah if he was hospitalized, I'm going to be worried and then maybe after that I'd at least discuss giving up a hobby that endangered his health, but he's still a big boy and can make his own choices.

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

and yeah, I wore a mini skirt for the first time in eh....20 years last year and was insanely self conscious but J noticed some guy checking me out, and I was all excited about it! lol

• Like 5

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Okay today, I finally decided to take pictures of myself. I figure I won't have before / after shots if I keep being afraid of taking before pictures.

post-35180-0-98721600-1425071074_thumb.j post-35180-0-97264600-1425071079_thumb.j

Those are me. 

I was really looking forward to fun and exciting images on a reverse google search.  I got this:

post-35180-0-06750900-1425071133_thumb.j

I love it, because this is definitely how I see myself being sexy.

(In reality, I just had a number of boring shots of either more athletic types than me or pregnant women).

• Like 3

Okay today, I finally decided to take pictures of myself. I figure I won't have before / after shots if I keep being afraid of taking before pictures.

attachicon.gifMe Facing.jpg attachicon.gifme sideways.jpg

Those are me. 

I was really looking forward to fun and exciting images on a reverse google search.  I got this:

attachicon.gifI got this.jpg

I love it, because this is definitely how I see myself being sexy.

(In reality, I just had a number of boring shots of either more athletic types than me or pregnant women).

you look great! Google Reverse Image Search is an asshole at best, its like that snarky jealous girl in high school that really needed to be punched in the face (without a mouth guard) but I see myself as being sexy like that too, so don't feel alone :P

these jpeg pretty much sums up my sex appeal and dating finesse, so yeah...I am doomed! lol

funny-pictures-auto-445431.jpeg

how-normal-people-flirt-how-i-flirt.jpg

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

you look great! Google Reverse Image Search is an asshole at best, its like that snarky jealous girl in high school that really needed to be punched in the face (without a mouth guard) but I see myself as being sexy like that too, so don't feel alone :tongue:

these jpeg pretty much sums up my sex appeal and dating finesse, so yeah...I am doomed! lol

Thanks. I was actually hoping for some funnier pictures. Apparently google wanted me to feel better too.

Also, the above is me. Completely

• Like 1

you look great! Google Reverse Image Search is an asshole at best, its like that snarky jealous girl in high school that really needed to be punched in the face (without a mouth guard) but I see myself as being sexy like that too, so don't feel alone :tongue:

how-normal-people-flirt-how-i-flirt.jpg

Feel like this is summing up online dating for me.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

http://motor-kid.com/funny-ecards-about-being-sexy.htmlename="Sylvaa" post="1400228" timestamp="1425071183"]

attachicon.gifMe Facing.jpg attachicon.gifme sideways.jpg

Those are me.

http://motor-kid.com/funny-ecards-about-being-sexy.html

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

attachicon.gifMe Facing.jpg attachicon.gifme sideways.jpg

Those are me. 

That's the last time I try and link a picture on my phone... I screwed that one up hard.

Was supposed to link to the one that said " If being sexy was a crime, you'd be on death row"

• Like 2

My first challenge