Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

ok :) You are MUCH smaller than the model you thought resembled you. and now I have another pic to add to the pervy creep file :tongue:

Seriously though, many of you look much better than the photoshopped images you chose, just sayin'

I don't know... my sex change version is pretty damn hot... just sayin'

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

When I did the Google Images search with my picture I just got a lot of people modeling very basic pieces of black clothing. Boring! Sigh.

It's funny how my self-image changes when I think about how I view me versus how other people must view me. And how different it is to be happy about how I look versus happy about how I think other people think I look.

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Last night i was sparring with some friends in a room with a lot of mirrors. I was moderately happy with how my reflection looked. But when we finished my friend informed me of this "great photo" she'd taken and uploaded to facebook.

I am this close to becoming the person who untags themself in facebook posts...

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

I can look at myself and hate what I see but envy someone else's figure regardless of whether they're bigger or smaller than me. 

THIS^^^

I see women all the time that are bigger than me, but are proportioned better than I think I am and wish that i looked like they do.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/10-awful-stock-photos-of-women-running

stock-women-elbow-back-400.jpg

stock-women-blue-punch-400.jpg

Impressive Thigh-Gap, however

I sometimes see myself reflected in car windows and say "Poetry in Motion"

Well, it may be Vogon poetry ... haiku at the very best, or maybe some beatnik free-verse word-jazz in the Charlie MacKenzie style

The first one just looks painful, I can remember twisting that far to pop my back...

just once I'd like to see a stock image, that showed real life... like running, show the sweat, the messed up hair, the panting, arms on their head, the face that says oh my god I'm gonna die....

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Well, it may be Vogon poetry ... haiku at the very best, or maybe some beatnik free-verse word-jazz in the Charlie MacKenzie style

Never once smiled while running (more likely would of tripped from it).

I can look at myself and hate what I see but envy someone else's figure regardless of whether they're bigger or smaller than me. 

Summed up what I go through.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I normally feel very positive about my 170ish lb self. Today my room mate got a new swimsuit. A teeny string bikini. And her 118lb self looks fantastic.

Today I'm just going to focus how much stronger and healthier I am. She smokes, doesn't exercise, eats like crap, has a bad back, and so on.

She moans about missing her curves from thirty pounds ago. (She went on the breakup diet.) Nobody loves their body even as the next person envies it.

• Like 4

Battle Log    Challenges:  1, 2

I normally feel very positive about my 170ish lb self. Today my room mate got a new swimsuit. A teeny string bikini. And her 118lb self looks fantastic.

Today I'm just going to focus how much stronger and healthier I am. She smokes, doesn't exercise, eats like crap, has a bad back, and so on.

She moans about missing her curves from thirty pounds ago. (She went on the breakup diet.) Nobody loves their body even as the next person envies it.

*Grab dresser*

*Set it on her chest*

*walk away knowing you could lift it off of you*

• Like 5

My first challenge

with Creative Commons Licensing, you can find that exact photo [or better] on Flickr without too much trouble

https://www.flickr.com/groups/running/pool/

True... but I can't recall them ever being used...

My first challenge

Randy, you must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Internet. No matter what somebody posts, you can instantly post up a link in that very topic. And I mean ANYTHING.

"I just lost my job"

Randmart - I've got a link for that...

"My running shoes are worn out"

"My cat just died"

with Creative Commons Licensing, you can find that exact photo [or better] on Flickr without too much trouble

https://www.flickr.com/groups/running/pool/

Depends on what you expect them to be used for

I use them all the time

221819_1792426728898_5579757_n.jpg?oh=b4

165570_1592621293887_5178160_n.jpg?oh=19

I hereby crown you King of the Internet.

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

Sent from my stoopid phone which hates me I swear.

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

show the sweat, the messed up hair, the panting, arms on their head, the face that says oh my god

are we still talkin' about running......?!?!

Randy, you must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Internet. No matter what somebody posts, you can instantly post up a link in that very topic. And I mean ANYTHING.

"I just lost my job"

Wait, I missed that link.......I need it!

Edit:

I know this is the body image thread but the only thing that came up for me was:

super-blimp_zpsfe81f230.jpg

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

are we still talkin' about running......?!?!

Of course not...

Ok... I probably laughed way more than I should have at that... I almost feel bad... almost.

• Like 1

My first challenge

Edit:

I know this is the body image thread but the only thing that came up for me was:

super-blimp_zpsfe81f230.jpg

Wait! I missed this bit.

MITCH!!!!!!! Do I have to come over there and bitch slap you??? Grrrrrrr! :angry:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Great thread!

There are no pictures of me in recent months, I stay firmly behind the camera. I've gained 3 stone in just over a year and hate what I see in the mirror. April 2013 I was fairly happy with my figure. I had at that point recently lost a fair bit of weight and was the slimmest I had been my entire adult life. But I lost it through stress, when my marriage started failing. While separated from my husband I worked hard on my body and though I didn't lose more weight, I felt much fitter. Then we got back together and I started gaining weight again! We finally separated for good in September just gone and I've spent the last few months in a terrible state. I constantly bump into doors because I misjudge how much space I take up :(

This is what I think I look like now:

stock-photo-fat-woman-isolated-on-white-

This is what I looked like when I was at my slimmest, about 18 months ago (please excuse the photobomb by my then toddler:

564469_568210079880024_1225923417_n.jpg?

According to what I wrote on FB when I shared this photo, I still wanted to lose 9 pounds. I'd give just about anything to be back down to that weight now!

• Like 3

Battle Log - Record from the Front Lines

http://hblyne.com

Great thread!

There are no pictures of me in recent months, I stay firmly behind the camera. I've gained 3 stone in just over a year and hate what I see in the mirror. April 2013 I was fairly happy with my figure. I had at that point recently lost a fair bit of weight and was the slimmest I had been my entire adult life. But I lost it through stress, when my marriage started failing. While separated from my husband I worked hard on my body and though I didn't lose more weight, I felt much fitter. Then we got back together and I started gaining weight again! We finally separated for good in September just gone and I've spent the last few months in a terrible state. I constantly bump into doors because I misjudge how much space I take up :(

This is what I looked like when I was at my slimmest, about 18 months ago (please excuse the photobomb by my then toddler:

564469_568210079880024_1225923417_n.jpg?

According to what I wrote on FB when I shared this photo, I still wanted to lose 9 pounds. I'd give just about anything to be back down to that weight now!

Sorry to hear about your marriage :( I know firsthand how that goes and how much that stress wreaks havoc on your health and fitness goals and your weight *hugs*

I do the same thing (bumping into doors and such) but I never connected it to my weight and all...hmmm. Maybe part of it is? 

You can get back to where you want to be, and you are on the right track by being here :) The photo of you from your slim days looks beautiful, you have a very nice shape and looked really great, so I am sure you will be there again before you know it :D 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Great thread!

There are no pictures of me in recent months, I stay firmly behind the camera. I've gained 3 stone in just over a year and hate what I see in the mirror. April 2013 I was fairly happy with my figure. I had at that point recently lost a fair bit of weight and was the slimmest I had been my entire adult life. But I lost it through stress, when my marriage started failing. While separated from my husband I worked hard on my body and though I didn't lose more weight, I felt much fitter. Then we got back together and I started gaining weight again! We finally separated for good in September just gone and I've spent the last few months in a terrible state. I constantly bump into doors because I misjudge how much space I take up :(...

I'm very sorry to read about your marriage. I can only imagine the kind of stress you've been through over the past year+.

I wanted to say that I think that so many of us have been in that "lost weight and then gained it back" situation. It can be almost overwhelmingly frustrating to look at how far you got and then slid back. I've been there and know that feeling. We are so often much harder on ourselves than we ever would be on other people and I think that the new year is a perfect time to be kinder to ourselves by forgiving any backsliding and just looking toward the future. Don't even look at the big picture. If you want to move forward look at small short term goals like 5 pounds or working out X times per week or eating within your calories just for today. Those little goals will add up and one day you'll look up and realize that your past loss and gain hasn't gone through your mind in ages. Make 2015 a year of kindess toward YOU :)

• Like 5

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

....The photo of you from your slim days looks beautiful, you have a very nice shape and looked really great, so I am sure you will be there again before you know it :D

^^^yeah, that!

And I'm sorry but I don't care if you've put back on 3 stone since then, I still don't think you'd look like the photo you picked.

• Like 2

Been meaning to say this for a while, so, sorry for the delay - when you posted up those pics before (the ones you said were similar to you) you were wrong. Sorry, but you were.

Yes they are very slim, and yes, you are very slim but horses and lions both have manes and tails, I wouldn't like to confuse the two next time I go to the safari park. Girl, you have muscle tone and curves that those girls can only DREAM about. YOU ARE WAAAAAAY SEXIER* GODDAMMIT! Trust me on this.

Jeez! And you think *I* have poor self image???

*AND I bet they don't have a single item of Wonder Woman underwear! :P

• Like 1

I'm very sorry to read about your marriage. I can only imagine the kind of stress you've been through over the past year+.

I wanted to say that I think that so many of us have been in that "lost weight and then gained it back" situation. It can be almost overwhelmingly frustrating to look at how far you got and then slid back. I've been there and know that feeling. We are so often much harder on ourselves than we ever would be on other people and I think that the new year is a perfect time to be kinder to ourselves by forgiving any backsliding and just looking toward the future. Don't even look at the big picture. If you want to move forward look at small short term goals like 5 pounds or working out X times per week or eating within your calories just for today. Those little goals will add up and one day you'll look up and realize that your past loss and gain hasn't gone through your mind in ages. Make 2015 a year of kindess toward YOU :)

Holy Batman yes on the "lost weight and then gained it back".

Before my last ex, I manage to get down to around size 8. As soon as, I started dating that sob, I gain so much weight. I basically was mentally abused by him. 

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Back in my tri days

brigantine96.jpg

I was an Endurance Machine, and the body looked pretty good [cotton tank-shirt, non-withstanding] but the face & neck say "Dude's too thin / not healthy"

... And my hair was fucked up

Not bad looking. I mean, you can hardly even tell that you're a ginger..... :P

**runs off to hide**

Back in my tri days

brigantine96.jpg

I was an Endurance Machine, and the body looked pretty good [cotton tank-shirt, non-withstanding] but the face & neck say "Dude's too thin / not healthy"

... And my hair was fucked up

Can't think of who your picture remind me of

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram