Forums are back in action! ×

My very first post as a new member of the rebellion. 32yrs, 5'3" 165lbs. No one ever believes I weigh as much as I say I do which I guess is a compliment but I know what I look like and it's not my best. I joined the rebellion looking for that combination hand-holding kick in the pants necessary to get me on the road to real change.

Unfortunately I come to you with a couple handicaps: poor lungs due to scar tissue from an inflammation disease and medication which causes some level of weight gain. I'm hoping that even with these minor setbacks I can still make great progress here with a supportive community.

Though I am a courier by profession I consider myself to truly be a novelist. Hence the novelist in need. Thank you very much for your kind indulgence of my minor introduction. I look forward to meeting with others on this quest.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Welcome to the weird family, also known as NF community. Look forward to getting to know you.

Yeah I have that same issue. People think I'm joking about being around 160. (My medication help contribute to my weight issue.)

Oh cool an novelist. Tell me bit more about your writing.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I don't have a novel in print yet but I do have some short stories collected in a small volume called Objects: Stories of Things. I'm steadily working toward getting my first novel, I can't decide between my dark fantasy romance and my simple dark fantasy on which should come first.

Either way, I'm self publishing a piece at a time. Right now though I'm trying to decide on which book and where to get my cover art.

Sometimes I wish I could stop taking my medication, but I'm worse off if I do, so I'll just work through the handicap and make it work.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

It seems like a really awesome place to try and get fit. Having a good community is said to make any task easier, even if you're doing the work yourself.

Yeah, the industry is a tough nut to crack but my motivation is personal success, not the Best Seller list so I guess I'm aiming a little lower. Still a goodly amount of work involved no matter what you do.

What do you write? I love hearing about other's projects.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

I think if you're doing it just for the Best Seller list you'll soon get fed up of it. I mean, money's nice and it motivates some people, but personally I'm far more motivated by the love of doing something. Same goes for the fitness thing, really.

Erm I write mostly drama (film, TV, theatre). I do have a book on the go but novel-writing doesn't come as naturally to me, and I don't enjoy it half as much as I do scriptwriting.

Good luck! I'm in the same boat as well, 165, 5'5" and no one believes that I weigh what I do.

I'm so jealous of all you writers, I have a hard time getting anything to paper :) so good luck with that as well!

Don't be jealous. Be one of us. Get those thoughts on paper.

I think if you're doing it just for the Best Seller list you'll soon get fed up of it. I mean, money's nice and it motivates some people, but personally I'm far more motivated by the love of doing something. Same goes for the fitness thing, really.

Erm I write mostly drama (film, TV, theatre). I do have a book on the go but novel-writing doesn't come as naturally to me, and I don't enjoy it half as much as I do scriptwriting.

I've always been a novelist or short story writer. I just wanted to emulate my favorites: Mercedes Lackey, David Eddings, Piers Anthony, and many others.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Daily Battle Log

MyFitnessPal | Twitter