Forums are back in action! ×

For someone who avoids stereotypes out of contrariness, this is embarrassingly close to midnight on January 1st.

Hello nerds! Last time I was on the NF board was in 2011. In the mean time, I made the huge life transition that is graduating college and moving out on my own.

My project now is my PhD. I'm trying to find some kind of balance between taking care of myself, pursuing career things, pursuing hobbies, and maintaining friendships. (So basically "being an adult.") I feel silly keeping a diary, so I'm back on the forum because I think stating goals and being accountable to supportive folks will be amazingly helpful. (Unless you all are Tom Riddle.)

I tend to say "the sun'll come out tomorrow," but sticking to a change long-term is hard. Physically, I'm doing a-ok. My goals this time around are mostly mental stuff, consistency, and follow through. I hope there's a place for that here somewhere!

Happy new year!

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }

Yes, I just posted it! Here.

Nope, unfortunately. The two dogs in my life are currently my parents' mini poodle and my roommate's lab. I'm looking at rescues, but I'm kind of taking my time with it, since I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life when I graduate. Soon though!

Can't help but ask, that lion in your profile pic isn't yours, is it? :tongue:

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }