Forums are back in action! ×

New Oly PRs!

Despite an entire holiday season of good food/bad diet, shoulder, knee and wrist injuries, and undersleeping, I finally managed to asplode the following 1RM loads with good consistency:

Snatch: 40kg

Clean & Jerk: 55kg

Clean: 67.5kg

Front Squat: 75kg (3RM)

Fairly proud of this, since upper body strength has always been my weakest point; I can barely press 45kg, and it took me about 2 weeks before I could reliably jerk 45kg.

Ongoing epic quest to finish the year with a 60kg snatch and 80kg clean & jerk!

• Like 2

No body, no mind.

My Battle Log: A Weightlifting Story

Woohoo!  Weightlifting is the best and funnest!

Fairly proud of this, since upper body strength has always been my weakest point; I can barely press 45kg, and it took me about 2 weeks before I could reliably jerk 45kg.

Ongoing epic quest to finish the year with a 60kg snatch and 80kg clean & jerk!

As someone with a very weak upper body myself, I totally feel your pain, but remember that the jerk is a leg driven movement.  I can also barely press 45 kilos, but have C&Jed up to 86.  Obviously don't stop training your upper body or anything, but keep working on that technique/efficiency!

• Like 1

Woohoo! Weightlifting is the best and funnest!

As someone with a very weak upper body myself, I totally feel your pain, but remember that the jerk is a leg driven movement. I can also barely press 45 kilos, but have C&Jed up to 86. Obviously don't stop training your upper body or anything, but keep working on that technique/efficiency!

Absolutely! Nothing beats the feeling of locking out of the hole with the bar locked up above you haha!

Just knocked off a 45kg PR on the Snatch yesterday, not to mention I actually push pressed (failed jerk) my current jerk max. So yeah, I take it I really have a LOT of jerk technique work to do!

No body, no mind.

My Battle Log: A Weightlifting Story