Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from Northern AB!

Well Hi! 

This talking about myself thing is always a little awkward, or at least it starts out that way - then I get on a roll and can't stop. I'm vain like that. 

So I'm Deirdre, or D as most people know me. I'm 27, currently living in Grande Prairie, AB (thats Canada, not Texas... though everyone calls Alberta the Canadian Texas... but I digress). I'm originally from Chilliwack, BC (an hour or so away from Vancouver). I'm married, so that's fun. 

(I started typing my memoirs here, but I decided I could save that for a later date.)

My weightloss journey so far: 

• in 2006 I weighed around 135 (what I now view as my goal weight)
  • in 2012 i weighed around 230 and finally found out I had Hypothyroidism and PCOS
  • Summer 2012 I went Gluten Free. Lost 20 lbs within first few months. Then Plateau. - 210 lbs
  • Fall 2012 I moved to AB - brr! (yeah, you can check - around Christmas we were as cold as the north pole (they beat us by 2 degrees because of the wind chill). I ended up losing some weight during this time - so ended up at around 195 lbs.
  • Winter 2012 I tried the HCG diet - it was OK. Got me past a plateau, but I don't like starving, so it wasn't for me.  - ended up around  185 lbs. 
  • 2013 - I had managed to starve myself down to 170 lbs, but got pregnant that year. My mom passed away Nov 2, and Nov 4 I had a miscarriage. Needless to say, I gained some weight.
  • 2014 was all about dealing - with the loss of my mom and a pregnancy we were all (mom included) really excited about. I self medicated to deal with the loss - and am still dealing with how to come to terms on my own. However that year I also found hooping (hula). This got me back on my health kick - so it was healthier eating (I gave up GF though). I even started weight lifting - turns out I really like it! Got down to 165 lbs for my Mexico trip in November - which, though I didn't binge eat, I did binge drink (we don't say the Tequila word). Vaca + Christmas = me going back up to 170s. 
  • 2015 - I weight in at a local fitness store - they offer a $3 credit for every lb lost in a 2 month period. I'm stoked for the GC I'm going to receive for this bad boy! But the weigh in put me at 173.5! 

My goal for this year is to run AT LEAST one 5k. I am planning on doing the Color Me Rad run in July, in Edmonton with my dad. We have a local zombie run this spring (first year for the run), that I want to be able to do - it has obstacles, so fun! I'm also hoping I can find a friend to do the Electro Dash in Calgary with me in the fall.  This summer we added to our family with a pretty awesome dog - he's GS/husky and I really want to be the running partner he needs.

I also want actual biceps - not super huge, but i want to beat my cousin in an arm wrestle. 

My husband and I paintball, but didnt get much of a chance last year - I want that to be regular, and to be a total bad ass too! I'm usually running around in shorts and a tank top, camping in the tower - but this year I want to be Jason Bourne-ing those guys! 

I also want to advance more in hooping. More tricks and spins and stuff!

I am considering joining a woman's rugby team. ... and trying skiing. Also archery - I think that would be cool.

In case you haven't figured it out - I wanna be a bad ass. 

So the nerd part of me - well its over a variety of things - I feel like I'm the Jane-of-all-fandoms (Jack-of-all-trades, get it? no?). I'm a Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Marvel, Supernatural, Bitten, Fringe, Xmen, Firefly and Castle kind of girl. I know a little bit about a few things. 

So yeah, thats me - in a long, run on sentance-y sort of nutshell.

Ps: this is me in Nov - ziplining in Mexico! post-35583-0-46643300-1421277464_thumb.j

Level 2 Wood Elf Scout

(Current) Challenge #2

Welcome and hello from East Coast Canada! :joyous:

And congrats on the weight loss so far. Best of luck with your progress 

• Like 1

Fultonator
Human Assassin

Level 5

STR 5  |  DEX 6  |  STA 7  |  CON 6  |  WIS 12  |  CHA 5

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:  #1   #2   #3   #4   #5   #6   #7  #8

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Mikhail Baryshnikov