Forums are back in action! ×

Paleo Breakthrough

As of this Friday my wife and I decided to go Paleo cold turkey.

I've been mentioning Paleo since around December here and there, never really pushing since I was reading a lot of NF. But every time I brought it up my wife thought it was stupid. She thought I would be depriving myself of food and it didn't make sense. I would even show her the weight loss stories on here and she would ask what they did and I'd mention Paleo and she would scoff.

At one point she was reading an article on here and read the word "Paleo" and put it down.

Fast forward to Tuesday night where I brought it up again and she asked me to explain it again. I said you cut out bread, pasta, rice, processed foods. And you eat a lot of protein, meats, veggies, and fruits. It was like a switch went off and she said lets do it. I was blown away and it was bizarre but I was happy. We went through our house and tossed everything out that we couldn't eat. Which was about 4 garbage bags full. We made a shopping list and downloaded an app that said what is and isn't Paleo.

2 days in and so far so good. She's enjoying it and so am I. I'm even happier now knowing she's behind it.

"My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them."

Awesome! Giving and getting support is always good in diets! :D

The thing I like about Paleo, though I don't follow it myself, is that it cuts out legumes. I'm allergic to legumes and if I ever had to, for some reason, follow a Paleo diet, I would never miss the option.

I love pasta, and sandwiches with bread, though. And a miniscule amount of processed foods appeal to me too much.

That may change in the future, but I'll just eat a fairly healthy diet for now.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3