Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone have a health potion?

2014 was a year of suck for me.  I was rolling along, and BAM, torn meniscus and knee surgery.  Then, while I was recovering, I tore the other one.  Rinse and repeat.  My last surgery was 6 months ago, and it has been a SLOW road.  The doc keeps telling me to be patient, because healing from two knee surgeries is harder than one....  Anyway, I'm not good with patience.  Or healing apparently. 

Anyway, a few months ago I tried to get back into some lifting, and it was just too painful.  (I also had severe cartilage and arthritis from a car accident injury).  I would go and do upper body, but anything leg related was killing me.  This led to discouragement, (and a serious pride killer - my lifts were awesome before the knee thing).  Overall, it was not fun anymore, and that just doesn't work for me. 

So, I am respawnning.  I'm trying something totally different.  PiYo.  I'm two weeks in, and so far, so good.  I was sore in the knees at first, but I am already seeing some increase in strength and balance. 

In the past, I've never been a fan of workout videos, but I needed a fresh start.  I'm hoping if I strengthen, it will relieve some of the pain and I can get back to the things I like.

• Like 2

Welcome to your re-spawn point!

FYI: you are awesome.  Your lifts are impressive.  A brief departure from lifting doesn't make you less awesome.

• Like 1

Yeowch! I agree, you are awesome for adjusting and finding something adaptable that will get you back to enjoying the fitness. Sometimes you just need something completely different, what you're doing now is another thing to add to your arsenal. I hope your recovery continues just as well, and I applaud you for getting back in the ring!

gallery_34161_1540_534287.gif

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Good job backing up and tackling the fitness thing with a different activity.  How many times have we all done that in a video game?  Try this... death.  Try that.... slaughtered.  Try different strategy.... dismembered.  Come back later after leveling up and getting the sword of whacking....  and kill the boss monster.  Sounds like you're back on track and doing well.  And don't give up lifting hope - who knows how your knees will be in a year or two.  Good luck!  :peaceful:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991