Forums are back in action! ×

Cathelas joining the Rebellion

Hi All,

After lurking for a while, I jumped into the Rebellion with both feet on Friday.  Since I am late to the challenge, I am going Recruit for now - although I will probably end up a Scout before the Summer is over.  A little about me:

I am a 46 year old Dad, who quit working out a few years ago.  I used to run, but a torn MCL in 2004 really ruined my motivation and I never came back.  Until now!  Like many, I want to lose weight.  Right now, the main focus is just building routine.  I have my SMART goals listed on the Recruit forum.  I am hoping a combination of body weight and cycling will get me to a point where I can even become more specific in goals.  

Three days in have been great.  Getting exercise in everyday is its own motivator right now.  

A new medium range goal popped up today - the family got tickets and hotel reservations for GenCon 2015 this Summer.  I need to have the stamina to get through the Best Four Days In Gaming.  I look forward to meeting some fellow Nerds there!

Good luck to all with the Challenge.

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%