how I feel now that spring and summer are coming back;

iRi32D57EHTtm.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Week 3 repeat Madcow 26.08.2015

Madcow:

Warm Up:

Stretching, skipping and BW stuffs, although quit the skipping pretty quick tonight, slapped. The rope into my toes and them being so cold it hurt like a mother!

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x3@80kg

Ok th knee sleeves worked a treat! Smashed these out, even though I went in feeling a little nervous, especially since my right knee is playing silly beggars at work and is all achy in the mornings. However felt strong and able so tried 1 @ 80kg then thought fuck it.......ended up with 3@80kg, woot!

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

Worked on back arch, especially after catching SS and Miss M and their amazing flexibility, jelly so much! Happy how these are going.

Row:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

These were amazing, still killing these!

Didn't icecream tonight, after doing some shrugs my right knee kind of buckled so I thought nope, not going to push it, already pretty stoked about the workout so let's just call it.

After work I went shopping and brought us all steak! I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to ditch Ambo training, grab the Lads and head home to get washing on, getting washing in and cook a proper meal for the boys. It was still daylight when we got in so fuck it, out to the shed I went and happy, happy, happy! I love the way I feel after a good workout and not to mention chuffed as about 80kg squat!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Don't wish for it too hard. You probably won't be so excited at the peak of our first 45+ degree heat wave...

Oh no my friend, definitely a Summer person here! There is something comforting about being hot, getting cold is hard to deal with. Although when we were in Adelaide for the Scouts in the New Year the fires were a bit of a worry, but the week of flooding rain kinda equalled it out!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Oh no my friend, definitely a Summer person here! There is something comforting about being hot, getting cold is hard to deal with. Although when we were in Adelaide for the Scouts in the New Year the fires were a bit of a worry, but the week of flooding rain kinda equalled it out!

Don't get me wrong, I love the summer. It's the only time of the year people are like "no, it's okay that you didn't leave your house today, it's too damn hot!". Every other season of the year there like "what's wrong with you? Why don't you go outside sometime and join the human race".

I just laugh at people who are all like "yay summer is nearly here" then complain very loudly as they start to melt.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Don't wish for it too hard. You probably won't be so excited at the peak of our first 45+ degree heat wave...

There's probably one or two days a year (often christmas of all days!) that hits that high over here. One of the perks of living near the coast I guess :D I am much, much happier when the sun is out for sure xD

(also an excuse to wear derby shorts, hence motivation to get super fit before summer hits? xD!!)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Went to work even though I could hardly walk, even had one of the Lads drive me over. Left work before getting close to the water, couldn't bend my knee or walk.

Doctor reckons it is more than likely a Bakers Cyst that has burst. These cysts are usually the result of other damage to the knee in the past, meniscus tears, arthritis etc. he has given me anti inflammatories, and a week rest should see it sorted. Phew!

He did however bust my chops about the extremely high blood pressure and said surely you have seen enough stroke victims to know better.......yes Doc! So you're in denial then? Umm yes probably.

Anyway back on medication and going in for bloods tomorrow.

Silly I am

Wait! What............?

Gotta go back to the Dr in two weeks. They did the usual, glucose, cholesterol, etc, etc.

The phlebotomist was really cool and good. Normally I leave feeling like a pincushion, something to do with deep blood vessels, she was onto it, got one in the side of my inner elbow straight up and used a syringe instead of those stupid suction thingies. She struck gold every time! Only a tiny bruise on one arm instead of track marks all over the place! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Saturday 29.08.2015

Madcow Week 3 repeat

Warm Up:

You know the usual. Only added in 2 sets of light squats 5@20kg 5@30kg, just to test the knee out. She was a bit stiff and Grundy but no pain so onwards we went!

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg (knee sleeves went on here)

2x5@55kg

Today was the lighter squat day which was good for getting back into it.

OHP:

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

These were pretty good, still a struggle on the very last rep, but we're getting there slowly.

Deadlift:

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@90kg

1x5@100kg (fail last two reps, it was like they were glued to the mats)

I was feeling pretty good about these, even with only 3 in the last set, haven't got any better but haven't got any worse either. Still need to really consider a deadlift day during the week. Just to train the lift.

Munted Ice-Cream:

Knee Sleeves came off here.

Bent Over Rows:

5x5@30kg

Close Grip Bench:

3x8@35kg

These really worked the triceps, OMG!

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Swiss Ball Crunches:

3x10@5kg

So done it! I thought I might just jump in with week 4 next training. Knee is good, no failed reps except the DL, but I'm cool with that. Knee sleeves worked a treat and even felt better supported for DL. Still gonna do lighter squats sleeveless.

Time to shower and take Son7 to his first Cub camp in Bunbury! He's so excited, he is almost at bursting point.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

That's a nice set of calluses there. I have learnt to love mine. I may need to start using some sort of hand cream everyday though. Also, chalk helps.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Been looking everywhere for chalk. I think I will need to go on line. Our little city sucks for things like that.

I use baby powder myself... can find that everywhere.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I use baby powder myself... can find that everywhere.

Tried baby powder thinking the consistency being the same, but found it was kinda slippery, might have been just the brand I was using. The kids chalk is kinda working but again not how I remember the chalk we used in gymnastics. It is cheap enough on line, but I hate the waiting.............

Wait! What............?

I was about to say: baby powder is not the same stuff. In competitions, power lifters get people to put baby powder on their thighs to help the barbell slide up in deadlifts, but don't risk touching it themselves because it makes their grip to slippery

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Tried baby powder thinking the consistency being the same, but found it was kinda slippery, might have been just the brand I was using. The kids chalk is kinda working but again not how I remember the chalk we used in gymnastics. It is cheap enough on line, but I hate the waiting.............

I was about to say: baby powder is not the same stuff. In competitions, power lifters get people to put baby powder on their thighs to help the barbell slide up in deadlifts, but don't risk touching it themselves because it makes their grip to slippery

Guess I'll need to try chalk then...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yeah, the main ingredient in "baby powder" is usually talc (magnesium silicate).

The "chalk" commonly used in lifting sports is actually magnesium carbonate.

Although both have hygroscopic properties, they are very different in their effect on friction coefficients.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

Level 2| Str 4| Dex 1| Con 3| Sta 3| Wis 1| Cha 1|

Spoiler

Deadlift 2x BW

80%
80%

Squat 1x BW

74%
88%

Floor press 1x BW

86%
86%

Press .75x BW

79%
79%

"A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry"

Daily battle log

Current challenge

Have a big couple of weeks ahead, not only with the usual stuff but I have the Moderator visit on the 11.09.2015. The wanker is supposed to give us at least a month from contact to meeting, he wanted to meet this Friday and I was like nah-ah. So any spare time is going to be writing up portfolio's to take into our meeting.

Plus, Roly is home on Thursday. Dad's home translating into........nothing gets done, we all hang out with DAD! Woohoo!

Wait! What............?

Today was the worst day ever at work, it was about 13 degrees Celsius outside and not much warmer in the ambient temperature or the water temperature. We were told the heating thermostat was not working.............no shit!

Two of our lessons were double lessons meaning the little beggars are in the water for an hour. Some of these kids have like zero body fat and 20 minutes in their lips are purple and their little brains are no longer functioning at a level that is age appropriate! Soooo much fun trying to get things done, stop tears and teach the others in the class. Double lessons should not be allowed, even the teachers were suffering with two double lessons in a row. It was truly painful, literally.

Anyway time for dinner then portfolio work.......I just wanna go to bed. :(

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Hey Insanity, can't open that just yet but will do when I get two minutes in town, and proper Internet.

I did however have my first massage today, very different having someone with their hands all over me. I am not usually a touchy feely person. Come away feeling pretty good though. I have never heard muscles pop before and he done something to my back which has left me feeling taller. No lifting tonight though, don't trust my jelly legs!

Wait! What............?