Forums are back in action! ×

Saturday 10/10/2015

Madcow Week 1 Deadlift Day.

Warm Up:

Well she was pretty warm to start with, been seeing the temperatures rise consistently the last couple of weeks! But we did skipping, and stretching and laughing.

Squats:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

Deadlift:

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@95kg

1x5@105kg (belted)

Extra Stuffs:

Bench:

3x8@35kg

Curls:

3x8@15kg

Front Tricep Raises:

3x8@10kg

Tricep Overhead Extension:

1x6@7.5kg each arm. I was pretty fried by the time I got to these, so only managed 1set instead of 3, the fear of dropping the dumbbell on my head was real!

This was pretty good I thought. Wouldn't say that the 105kg deads were easy, but I could at least lock out this time, instead of it not even breaking the floor! Still going to need work on my set up with the belt. It squashes everything down below it which means a whole heap of stomach fat and extra skin is now getting between the top of my thighs and the bottom of my rib cage and a belt. Awkward is the simplest way to describe it.

Happy to have done a workout though!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Had Son1 and his GF and her family out for dinner last night. Mum is a nurse and it was kind of weird entertaining someone I work with, now they know my house is a mess, my garden sucks and my kids are very loud. The cloak of mystery is coming down I suppose, she knows a little more about me and mine other than very tall sons and a clean crisp uniform.

Hmmm, am I ready for this? I don't know.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Had Son1 and his GF and her family out for dinner last night. Mum is a nurse and it was kind of weird entertaining someone I work with, now they know my house is a mess, my garden sucks and my kids are very loud. The cloak of mystery is coming down I suppose, she knows a little more about me and mine other than very tall sons and a clean crisp uniform.

Hmmm, am I ready for this? I don't know.

Hey, at least they will know what to expect. (Not really, but it's a nice thought)

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

no no no... football is the one with the funny shaped ball and traumatic brain injury.

You mean the one where there's only one out of 11 players who actually touches the ball with his foot, and that only in special circumstances ?

Nah, I'll keep referring to the one where everyone kicks the ball all the time as football, thanks. That other one can be handball, since that's what most of the guys on the field use.

Dwarf Warrior

Level 2| Str 4| Dex 1| Con 3| Sta 3| Wis 1| Cha 1|

Spoiler

Deadlift 2x BW

80%
80%

Squat 1x BW

74%
88%

Floor press 1x BW

86%
86%

Press .75x BW

79%
79%

"A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry"

Daily battle log

Current challenge

Simply So Over It Shred Workout Week 4:

17/10/2015

Bench:

3x12@35kg

BOR:

3x12@25kg

OHP:

3x12@20kg

Lying Tricep Extensions:

3x12@7.5kg

Barbell Curls:

3x12@15kg

Lateral Raises:

3x12@5kg

Front Squats:

5x5@20kg

My arms are killing me, and that's what happens when you miss a week, due to a huge case of procrastination head and pity party thought.

Wait! What............?

Simply So Over It Shred Workout Week 4:

17/10/2015

Bench:

3x12@35kg

BOR:

3x12@25kg

OHP:

3x12@20kg

Lying Tricep Extensions:

3x12@7.5kg

Barbell Curls:

3x12@15kg

Lateral Raises:

3x12@5kg

Front Squats:

5x5@20kg

My arms are killing me, and that's what happens when you miss a week, due to a huge case of procrastination head and pity party thought.

Gotta love the "Comeback DOMS"... just got rid of mine this week.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Wow, you some tough punches in your last few weeks, but it seems that you're keeping your head up.  It's that rugged Aussie spirit!

Let's ooh and ahh over your new gear.  I love them, and you deserve it!  Wow, a weight belt that's only been worn by you!

I finally get to see your shed, too!  So jealous that you get a shed.

e24b5d670cde045b593007f32dc4ad17.jpg

Woohoo, the new bag arrived today! Bit flash now [emoji3]

ff6231fd93a77ed88e0b4c759625100e.jpg

While I can, my new mats and chalk! Looks like a humongous feta block.........hmmmm feta! [emoji13]

ce29e95f0a06c44fab2dd90f9fd12f82.jpg

ed090c5d892b298b095172e447b3e3d8.jpg

• Like 1

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Monday, Madcow, Week1 19/10/2015:

Warm Up:

The usual skipping and dynamic stretching stuffs

Squats:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

Used the knee sleeves straight up tonight, thought better to do that than being too stiff to work tomorrow. Ah, old age gotta love it!

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

Pretty stoked with these, controlled and awesome!

BOR:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

Felt that these were good, again, controlled and using those back muscles.

Son6 did really well, trying to get his squats a little lower but gotta knock the leg wobble out first. He is still doing really well.

We went for a walk/jog this morning, he kept up pretty well despite getting a little wheezy after the second log leg. He's so cool though! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Wow, you some tough punches in your last few weeks, but it seems that you're keeping your head up.  It's that rugged Aussie spirit!

Let's ooh and ahh over your new gear.  I love them, and you deserve it!  Wow, a weight belt that's only been worn by you!

I finally get to see your shed, too!  So jealous that you get a shed.

I love that you quoted just the food and gear, screw everything else, I just wanna look at gear.... :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Two days in a row Son6 and I have done the walk/jog! No breathing problems this morning, what a trouper. :)

Had a dentist appointment, my mouth feels like I met Rhonda Rousey in a dark alley! Although my horrible front tooth is now pretty without rotten bits showing and I should be able to drink a smoothly without pain! :)

My dentist is called Alice and she is fantastic!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

No walk/jog this morning, Deadlift Day!

Wednesday Madcow, 21/10/2015, Week 1

Squat:

1x5@35kg

1x5@45kg

2x5@55kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

Deadlift:

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@85kg (belted)

1x5@95kg

1x1@105kg (belted)

Besides nearly tearing my callouses off ( the downside to chalk ) this was just plain awesome! Son6 is doing great, we put 2.5kg on the bar for him tonight and 5kg for his DL's, champion! :)

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

We take art with one of our local artists, we are messing around with pastels, but have done charcoal, water colours and a little oil. All really cool, not one of us is in any way talented.......at all.....Nada!

After art we ( Son6 and Son7 ) went to the city just to do nothing much at all, a little bit of a de-stressing after yesterday. Anyway ran into my bestest friend and hung out with her, her Son and her ex. We went to the Brunswick show because today had no plan. It was AWESOME! We had churro's, burgers, slushy and resultant brain freeze, and brought show bags, and plastic guns and just had fun!

So just got home, no workout, but I am feeling heaps better, spent time with the lads and time with my bestie, life is good!

• Like 3

Wait! What............?