Forums are back in action! ×

Not sure if it has anything to do with the hook grip today but tonight my index finger and middle finger are sore and stiff.

I was really looking forward to the Shannara Chronicles only to find the lead kid is a whiney, pretty boy and is pissing me off. I hope this gets better soon, Crixus (Manu Bennett) deserves better!

Crixus, the undefeated Gaul?

• Like 2

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Oooh 80kg squat. Shiny plates.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Madcow Week7 Monday 18.01.2015

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, 1x10BW squats paused ATG. 1x2windmills with 4kg kettle bell, 1x5@4kg KB swings. (Sad little kettle bell, it needs a big brother!)

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

1x5@80kg (belted)

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg (last rep needed help the last 10cm up, my young spotter did very well)

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg (felt really, really good)

No shits and gigs tonight. Have Son1 and his GF coming for dinner, so time to shower and get something on the stove. I have promised myself a swim tomorrow before work, try and work this knot out of the side of my right calf. Might be leg day in the pool tomorrow!

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Loving the numbers Seven.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Me too. [emoji853]

Without even opening the link I started smiling. Thanks. [emoji4]

Just one of those days Leanne. I survived it, today will be better.

• Like 2

Tried a tactic at work today, because yes she did start again with the Friday thing. I put my hand on her shoulder, looked down at her but straight in the eye, used her first name instead of the usual Mrs A we all call her and said "No Lillian, I will not be here on Friday, you know this to be true, you will have to figure something else out". Well, blow me down she backed off and said they would try combining my last classes in with the other teachers, being the last day they only play games anyway. Now why the bloody hell couldn't she have gone with that plan when one of the other teachers brought it up Monday?

Felt pretty pleased with myself, because I felt grown up doing that. Yeah I know right, I am 44 and felt like I adulted myself well in a work situation instead of feeling inferior and child like. :)

Although I am missing my DLs tonight because my head feels like it is going to implode. I did not drink enough at work today and I feel really icky.

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Hooray for you standing up for yourself! Sounds like you were professional and excellent :) 

• Like 1

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Madcow Week 7 Wednesday on a Thursday 21.01.2015

Warm Up:

The usual shinnanigans.

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

2x5@60kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg (these were all push press because I was already knackered)

Deadlift:

1x5@70kg

1x5@80kg

1x5@95kg

3x2@110kg

OMFuckingG! I was so tired when I got home from work, I seriously was considering not even doing this workout, but two of me Lads were out working on one of the quads so I kinda had company. I was shattered already and the thought of 110kg DL's, I was sceptical. Squats quite ordinary, OHP, we'll push press the last set, my body was ready to give up. Then I thought do the first set of DL's.....easy as Bro. Second set, still pulling it off the floor no worries, third set, still pulling it without problems. Fourth set, I belted up and fuck me, the bar came off the floor, the second rep was a little rough but I got it all the way to lock out, had a rest, belted up and jeebus, that thing came up again and again. Had another rest and thought fuck it I only got to do one more pull and I have done my 5. 2 more reps, just freaking awesome. So besides being absolutely beyond tired I am well chuffed with 110kg Deads! I will admit to skipping Shits and Gigs, but tonight I don't care! I am happy! :)

• Like 4

Wait! What............?

Deadlifting more than your bodyweight awesome!

• Like 2

Madcow Week 7 Friday on Saturday 23.01.2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, dislocations, 1x10BW squats, 1x10 good mornings with the broom.

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@50kg

1x5@60kg

1x5@70kg

1x3@85kg (PB W00T)

1x8@60kg

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x3@55kg (needed help on the last rep)

1x8@40kg

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@50kg (BP W00T)

1x8@35kg

Felt bloody good. I liked the 85kg squats! Really liked them. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?